Dec 01, 2002, 11:49 AM
Thread OP

Need help fixing my Omega 1.8

Had a less then perfect landing the other day (wing first). I knew exactly what the damage was even before taking the canopy off. The stress was just too much for that little wing pin. The crack is quite small but the pin can travel about an 1/8 of an inch up and down. I thought about just putting some thick CA in there but isn't there foam inside the wing? and wont the CA eat the foam? Then I was thinking about removing the pin and putting some Probond in the hole then reinserting the pin....But...The pin doesn't want to come out....I'm sure I'm not the first person this has happened to. I remember seeing a post that had the same problem but it was never resolved how the person fixed it. Any help would be much apreciated....Oh and here's a couple of pics.

Joe
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2002, 11:49 AM
Thread OP
pic 2
Dec 01, 2002, 02:34 PM
You want some Bob Smith Industries Super Gold Thin CA. It is foam safe and would make fixing that pin a piece of cake.
Dec 02, 2002, 04:42 PM
Thread OP
I think NSP carries that stuff....I just sent them an email to see what he thinks too...I found another thread here where someone used CA to fix the same problem but he said it didn't hold....Wonder if he used foam safe or not?....Thanks for the help.
BTW this was totally my fault...I shouldn't have been flying it in the wind that we were having that day until I was a little more familiar with it's flying charactoristics.

Joe
Dec 02, 2002, 06:38 PM
Yeah just hold the pin in place and squeze some of the thin stuff in there and it should just absorb it like mad. It should be stronger than it was before. As for the CA, I bought mine from the local hobby shop. Sometimes it will have the shop's name on the label instead of "Bob Smith Industries", but it's still the same stuff.
Dec 02, 2002, 07:28 PM
My other TX is a P4000.

TEST your CA first ! !

Test your CA on some scrap foam to be sure that it's foam friendly. If you're curious what some UN-friendly CA will do to foam, just drop a bit onto some scrap foam and watch what happens.
Dec 02, 2002, 09:20 PM
Fly Safe and Check 6
I had the same problem on a HLG I use to own. I fixed it by fiberglassing the area (with very light glass). It will ruin the smooth finish in that corner, but it will help the pin endure the stress that's placed on it.

Vic
Dec 02, 2002, 10:41 PM
I can assure you the Bob Smith "Gold" will not eat foam. I have used it on several different kinds of foam with great results.

Quick Reply