Dec 21, 2007, 04:05 PM
BEC
BEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
Any chance you could provide a link?
A search for "aluminum spinner" on the Hobby People site yields this 1.5 incher: http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/237150.asp
Latest blog entry: Back to full capacity
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2007, 05:09 PM
The sky is my playground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
A search for "aluminum spinner" on the Hobby People site yields this 1.5 incher: http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/237150.asp

Thanks, that's the one I was looking at too. I just like to know I'm getting the correct one. I'd hate to find out it didn't fit--or there was other problems. Bob is this the correct one?
Dec 21, 2007, 05:14 PM
Still Screamin'!
I just measured it and it is that one. I also looked at the box and it has the same p/n
Dec 21, 2007, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent
I just measured it and it is that one. I also looked at the box and it has the same p/n

Thank you

Here's a couple pics of progress on mine. Tonight, I took the suggestion of another member and purchased some figures to fill the cockpit. I also added some balsa to cover over the visible servos in the back and an instrument panel. Hope you like it. Comments and suggestions welcome.
Last edited by Dora Nine; Dec 21, 2007 at 11:37 PM.
Dec 21, 2007, 07:43 PM
Alan
Quote:
Thank you

Here's a couple pics of progress on mine. Tonight, I took the suggestion of another member and purchased some figures to fill the cockpit. I also added some balsa to cover over the visible servos in the back and an instrument panel. Hope you like it. Comments and suggestions welcome.
Looking good Dora Nine
Dec 22, 2007, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgfireman
Looking good Dora Nine

Thanks. Now if I my skis that I ordered to come in. I could get back to flying. Two feet of mostly fluffy snow is tough to fly from with wheels. For those who haven't flown theirs yet, it is one sweet flying plane. It has to be the softest landing plane I have flown. I'd really like to see E-Flite make some floats for it.
Dec 22, 2007, 11:12 AM

Taylorcraft with landing lights

If i was to strip off the covering i would add landing and marker lights. Anyone doing that yet?
Dec 22, 2007, 11:46 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
I told you guys the Dubro skis were decent. Someone try the GWS floats on this model please. They are a good investment at $10.99, and work very well in deep powder snow. The smooth plastic bottoms will also allow you to fly them from mowed grass. Ask me how I know. Tom
Dec 22, 2007, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith
Look at post #387 for two shots of Taylorcraft panels. The one with the round control wheels was mine.
Tom,

That is one funny sized "pie plate" tach. Were eye glasses not invented yet? They could have made it smaller and put breil numbers on it.

Bill
Dec 22, 2007, 12:08 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Hi Bill, it was really cool. How did you find out I flew using braille instruments. Made for some exciting moments. How about those fully round wheels too. That always turned heads.
You are going to love the way this little bird flies. Put the Dubro skis on it from your Beaver. You still have the cherry red Beaver don't you? Sorry to hear about Joe passing. He was a teriffic guy. Always smiling, no matter how many times a day he crashed.
Get you butt outta that cold and come on down. Tom
Dec 22, 2007, 06:20 PM
Tom,

I wonder what the connection is with E-Flite and the guys that own N4417B.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...&cmndfind.y=11

Too bad about your old plane. I see my old Cherokee is still in one piece, (N1843J).

Bill
Dec 22, 2007, 06:32 PM
My Taylorcraft is all together.

I went cheap with mine. All the stuff inside came from United Hobbies, except the Hitec receiver I stole out of my Corona Heli. It has a six inch stiff antenna, that fit nicely inside. Also a 9x6 prop that I had. The other parts are:

Motor HXT 35-30C 1100kv, (equal to an AXI 2808) $23.70
Controller hexTronik PRO 36A BESC w/PC Progr $21.55
Servos Hextronik 9g Speed 0.12sec/60 Torque 1.6kg-cm $3.49ea

The wheel pants look nice, but I'm afraid they are short lived having to fly off grass. Then that's provided I get to see the grass after the snow melts.

Bill
Dec 22, 2007, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marketvending
If i was to strip off the covering i would add landing and marker lights. Anyone doing that yet?
Dimension Engineering makes a set that I have been looking at. The set has two white lights next to one another and they plug directly into your RX . I need to do a little more web surfing to see if I can find some other suitable lights for the plane. If you find anything please share with the group. Thanks!
Dec 22, 2007, 07:37 PM
Gravity gets me down.
Quote:
Dimension Engineering makes a set that I have been looking at. The set has two white lights next to one another and they plug directly into your RX . I need to do a little more web surfing to see if I can find some other suitable lights for the plane. If you find anything please share with the group. Thanks!

Search "canuck" in the slope forums.
He makes lightweight set-ups for slopers.

I forget his shop name- maybe Canuck Engineering? You'll find it I bet- sorry no time to search it right now.

cheers
Dec 22, 2007, 08:22 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillL
My Taylorcraft is all together.

I went cheap with mine. All the stuff inside came from United Hobbies, except the Hitec receiver I stole out of my Corona Heli. It has a six inch stiff antenna, that fit nicely inside. Also a 9x6 prop that I had. The other parts are:

Motor HXT 35-30C 1100kv, (equal to an AXI 2808) $23.70
Controller hexTronik PRO 36A BESC w/PC Progr $21.55
Servos Hextronik 9g Speed 0.12sec/60 Torque 1.6kg-cm $3.49ea

Bill
I use a 35-30C 1100 in a MINI ULTRA STICK. It hauls the little stick VERY well.
I ordered a 2908-10 for my Taylorcraft... Whenever I can find one.
http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDH...idProduct=2047
The motor hasn't got here yet. I hope it is not too heavy for the Tcraft.
Ron

Quick Reply