Dec 14, 2007, 12:25 AM
Account closed
Actually, someone is looking into some floats, I do not know which kind but, I hope they are light as this person will be with a T-Shirt and Shorts at the edge of the pond adjacent to our field.

Last time there was a large Telemaster with Floats flying from the rather large man made pond and it was like a mirror Can of hard when you come in for landing as your eye sight could get confused with how far up the model is in relation to the water line.

Oh, well......someone will be needed to man the Video camera and so, I just might come with shorts and bring a change of clothes with me

Man it's like April in December here!

Ta Ta......going to take a whippy dip in the morning

Respectfully,
Carlos
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2007, 12:37 AM
Gravity gets me down.
For the folks flying/building skis...

can you make some measurements of the skis you've made and post them?

thanks!
Dec 14, 2007, 08:28 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02

Snow

I lived in NY for 60 years and I always flew in the winter from ski's or floats. Ski's in light snow and floats for the deeper stuff.
Miss it, yea, wanna go back, NO! See photos. Tom
Dec 14, 2007, 09:32 AM
The sky is my playground.
Well, I'm gonna give the Du-Bro skis a whirl we got another 6+ inches of snow last night(on top of the 7 or so we already had)...and the weatherman is calling for another 12 this weekend.
Dec 14, 2007, 11:08 AM
I added a balsa triangle block up inside the molded form of the Du-Bro park flyer skis and then drilled thru and wicked CYA to harden it. The ski is fromed thin plastic and I felt it would not give enough bearing surface. I also put large servo brass eyelets to act as bushings. I then sealed the bottom of the ski which is open where the mounting tower is to prevent snow from accumulating. They work great with a wide foot print. I can take some pictures this weekend and I'll take measurments of my home made ones.

Jay
Dec 14, 2007, 11:19 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Jaybird,
A little smile came across my face as I read your post. I have been at this so many years I sort of roll with the punches. My T-Craft was near perfect. Everything fit and only a very few wrinkles that my iron made short work of. I used Dubro Kwik Grip connectors on the servos and my favorite 2mm socket head screws for the cowl and struts instead of the phillips head screws supplied.
Gary
Dec 14, 2007, 01:43 PM
Who put that TREE there!!
My local HobbyTown USA got my 4 HS65HB servos in and price matched them better than central hobbies for me at $17.42ea so that should give you guys an idea on the mark up servos have! $74.87 after tax is a pretty good deal for some strong little servos if you ask me...
Last edited by JawaSnack; Dec 14, 2007 at 04:00 PM.
Dec 14, 2007, 03:39 PM
Account closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawaSnack
My local HobbyTown USA got my 4 HT65HB servos in and price matched them better than central hobbies for me at $17.42ea so that should give you guys an idea on the mark up servos have! $74.87 after tax is a pretty good deal for some strong little servos if you ask me...
Are you sure they are not the HS65HB?
http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-65h...y_feather.html
Dec 14, 2007, 04:01 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02

DX 6 Issue

Well I still have that aileron twitch with the DX 6 system. I thought maybe the aileron extension leads were too light so I put heavy duty extensions in there and it still twitches. Even swapped out the receiver for a brand new one and it still twitches. I tried my Hitec Focus 5X in there with a Berg receiver and it stopped twitching. The rudder, elevator, and motor worked perfectly with both radios, but the DX 6 makes the ailerons twitch. If you hold the stick full right, or full left, the things twitch all over the place. I even tried 3 different Y harness and it still twitched. Any suggestions. I have the DX6 radio in 8 other planes and one sailboat and have never had one single problem. I bought this radio at SEFF in 2006, so it aint new by any means, and has flown hundreds of flight over the last 1 1/2 years. I just flew it earlier today in my Pollutionless Pig (electric Astro Hog) and it again worked perfectly. I'm stumped. Tom
Dec 14, 2007, 04:05 PM
Who put that TREE there!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Are you sure they are not the HS65HB?
http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-65h...y_feather.html
Yes, you are correct guapoman. I edited my post to show the correct model type. May be worth trying to get your local HobbyTown to price match if anyone is in need of these type servos. I'm sure it's case by case or up to the store owner and not a Nationwide policy of HobbyTown USA but hey, the worst they can do is say no, and then you can still get them $6.00 cheaper from central hobbies than the regular $25.99 retail price...
Dec 14, 2007, 04:12 PM
Could they be causing too much current draw through the speed control and reciever? Are they mixed with another servo so that more than just the two in the wings are activated? Some speed controls and recievers are only rated for a certain amount of load. Just guessing here.
Dec 14, 2007, 04:28 PM
Could the 'twitching " be radio interference to the servos? There is an article here covering RF chokes and when they are necessary or recommended. Rich

http://www.vantec.com/noisein.htm
Dec 14, 2007, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith
Well I still have that aileron twitch with the DX 6 system. I thought maybe the aileron extension leads were too light so I put heavy duty extensions in there and it still twitches. Even swapped out the receiver for a brand new one and it still twitches. I tried my Hitec Focus 5X in there with a Berg receiver and it stopped twitching. The rudder, elevator, and motor worked perfectly with both radios, but the DX 6 makes the ailerons twitch. If you hold the stick full right, or full left, the things twitch all over the place. I even tried 3 different Y harness and it still twitched. Any suggestions. I have the DX6 radio in 8 other planes and one sailboat and have never had one single problem. I bought this radio at SEFF in 2006, so it aint new by any means, and has flown hundreds of flight over the last 1 1/2 years. I just flew it earlier today in my Pollutionless Pig (electric Astro Hog) and it again worked perfectly. I'm stumped. Tom
Tom,
I've had this 'twitching' problem before and it turned out to be an antenna problem. I use a deans w/loaded base and the whip screws on. The whip was loose...tightened it and the twitch went away. Another antenna prob I has was with a Berg 7P and where the wire exits the plastic case, the only thing holding it in place was the insulation ! It caught my attention when I noticed the wire hanging @ 90* angle to the case.

-Dave
Dec 14, 2007, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith
Maybe there is too much servo travel. Do you have the same twitch on low rates. If you don't you might try reducing servo end points/throw.

Just a thought.

Jim
Dec 14, 2007, 06:39 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Tom,
Have you tried changing the servo?
Gary

Quick Reply