May 28, 2018, 04:53 PM
everything with RC
These two are “razor made”
Nevertheless, CNC cutting made would be not bad too for my indoor club friends , if any dxf is available, and much more accurate. Easy also to modify scale, etc ...
The red one is fitted with the Clark Y airfoil and should fly next week ( still waiting for the motor) . The stripped one follow exactly the plan and flew nicely, but during this evening session I lost one servo “in action”. ...... Not dramatic! Soon repaired and it will fly again
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2018, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebardemelon
These two are “razor made”
Nevertheless, CNC cutting made would be not bad too for my indoor club friends , if any dxf is available, and much more accurate. Easy also to modify scale, etc ...
The red one is fitted with the Clark Y airfoil and should fly next week ( still waiting for the motor) . The stripped one follow exactly the plan and flew nicely, but during this evening session I lost one servo “in action”. ...... Not dramatic! Soon repaired and it will fly again
I flew mine around for one season then gave it to a younger flyer who wanted to learn to fly a low wing ship . About 7 foam planes I did the same thing with but saved all the patterns to cut out another one if I ever wish to .For the Ultron it took me about a hour to cut out all the parts , sand smooth and another hour or 1 1/2 hour to glue together. I enjoy cutting out balsa and foam parts as much as I enjoy flying them till boredom sinks in then off to the next project. Plastic storage bins hold a lot of airplane patterns. Joe
Oct 27, 2018, 12:27 PM

Cnc cutting parts

Try to imagin what I can do out of this parts
All parts cnc cutted.
Oct 27, 2018, 02:08 PM
What's the cnc machine? Had a quick search but o nlkh did a3 size
Oct 27, 2018, 05:02 PM
Its home made. 800x500x160mm working area.
Dec 04, 2018, 01:34 PM

Balsa

What about balsa? All part cnc cutted as well. All fits nice and clean. More stiffnes than a depron.
Dec 05, 2018, 12:26 AM
Sweet looking plane. After my slice & dice is complete this baby is next on my list of builds for the winter.

Quick Reply