New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:05 PM
Find More Posts by RCNorthBC
Photos?
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:50 AM
Find More Posts by Hasi
Some photos of the current state:

I'm gonna build it with a pull-pull servo system...
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:50 AM
Find More Posts by Hasi
It's finally ready. AUW is 293g

Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:09 PM
Find More Posts by Lasercopter
S900-T810-QAV400-XJ470-BO MINI
Here is my first attempt at the ULTRON 300, this is a 55% scale, I made some modifications on the wings to have a more wing like shape.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This is my second foamie build, i cant wait to try it.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 02:53 PM
Find More Posts by Geir1234
What a beauty!!
I'm going to build this. BUT I want it bigger since I have build many plains in that size. How big do you think I should make it to fit a 390W motor on 4s in it? It is 90 gram
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16230
Or a http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8504
Hope you/ anyone can help me.
Last edited by Geir1234; Mar 07, 2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 05:14 AM
Find More Posts by ultralajt
This one is pretty large:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=101

Old Mar 08, 2013, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by Geir1234
Very nice
How much have you scaled it up?
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:36 PM
Find More Posts by rhysduk
Rhys - Forever Learning
Had some very good flights with my Ultron Sat-Tuesday! Weather was perfect and she flew like a dream.
Was pushing the limit a bit and took a bit of a hard landing Squashed the bottom fuse where the battery starts and both sides of the fuselage just infront of F2. Bit of reinforcement and epoxy later and she's back! Went out to fly and one of the aileron servo's seized! Gah!! Luckily had a spare so she should be ready to go soon.

Mitja, she really is a great flyer! Thanks for the plans
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:46 AM
Find More Posts by emal011
Do anybody have a motor recommendation for a 250-300 gr plane? I have one, but it's not powerful enough for my plane...
Old May 09, 2013, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by cracksmeup
I finished mine today but winds are over 20 mph here . I put landing gear on mine and a simple battery hatch on top . Picture is without prop but its on now. joe
Last edited by cracksmeup; May 09, 2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old May 09, 2013, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by CrashnBurn420
Has anyone used a gyro on their ultron? I have a tarot zyx-s that I am thinking about using on it. I saw one video on you tube. The plane looked really stable while prop hanging.
Old May 09, 2013, 03:05 PM
Gyro'! We dont need no stinking Qyro's ! Just kidding But i dont use and gyros on anything.but heli's When i first started to fly nitro heli's in the 70's they had no gyros yet but i could have sure used one then.
Old May 10, 2013, 10:32 PM
Find More Posts by CrashnBurn420
Got the gyro setup, just need a rain free day to fly it! Still need to clean up the wiring...
Old May 18, 2013, 11:14 AM
My maiden when well till a piece a tape on the front of one ail came loose .It banked to one side in 8 mph winds and went down a bit so i hit the rudder to level her out and landed it in one piece . Iam going to have to use glue when i stick the tape on next so this wont happen again. It flys where you point it and rolls were fast and crisp but i did not get a chance to ring it out anymore after the tape came loose. joe
Old Jun 01, 2013, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by LoudLoo33
hello everyone, Im new to rcgroups and new to scratch built planes, this utron is my first large scale build and im REALLY happy with it. a bit too happy as im happy just seeing it on the wall rather than risk crashing it ! stupid. i will fly it soon, that day will present itself.

the build went smoothly, thanks to the great design. i added a thin layer (1mm) carbon to the belly hatch for the landings and bit too much glass fibre tape to the wings leading edge and other places (i cant help but go crazy with gf tape on everything). i add some carbon to support the aileron servos because when the servos would move the whole servo would twist a bit in the foam allowing some give. this solved that. cant remember what motor i bought exactly but it was advised on this thread. with 20a black mantis esc from giantshark, frsky 2 way rx, and hxt900 servos. i need to learn to cover planes better though i think. im still very happy.

thanks for this great design and to everyone on this thread for the good tips which made this first build EASY.