Float flying - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by r/cdawg, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 25, 2007, 11:06 AM
Discussion

Float flying

I've been doing a lot of float flying at a local park with a few guys from my club the Warped Wings. Nice variety of planes from scale, sport, trainers powered by glow and electric. Here are a few pictures from our past couple outings.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2007, 08:27 PM
The sky is my playground.
Awesome pics. I love the one with the Cub just taking flight! Thanks for sharing!
Oct 01, 2007, 01:14 AM

Great pics

Mike:

I am gleaning as much information on float planes as I can. There is a lot of info about planes on floats here. The water loop thing may be that I don't have toe in, as well as enough positive incidence in the wing in relation to the the float thrust line. I also may have to much down thrust in the motor itself. I tried the Gee Bee floats but it made the plane to heavy. So back to the drawing board. Making a set of foam floats should be easy with a band saw.

Doug
Jun 09, 2008, 01:15 AM

Hope the weather will get better to fly

After the storm system gets through Michigan then perhaps I can get out to fly the Katalina and try the stiffer props to see if that will get the plane to fly a little faster.
Mar 05, 2010, 10:09 PM
Got this off the Polaris thread. Seeing we have a float fly coming up here is a tip on water proofing.

How to waterproof your ESC/ Mamba Monster (8 min 4 sec)

Greg M
WMParkFlyers.com