Sep 23, 2007, 11:41 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Paritech DG 1000 has flown

Hey Guys,
Last Sunday my good buddy Alvaro Corzo and I took the DG 1000 to a field north of San Diego and with no spectators flew for the first time the DG1000 with its self propelled AFT25XS unit.

We only made two flights and abort the third flight but do have some comments about the model.

First, I must confess that in the twenty years that I have been flying model airplanes, the only time that I remember being so excited is when I flew my Ellipse I way back in 1990. I don't know if it is the size of the glider or how much I spent on it, but man, my heart was pumping on the first take off!
The first flight was performed under a 15 Mi/hr wind straight down the runway. The glider performed beautifully with absolutely no nose down attitude. The climb on the first flight was a bit slow and it took about 3min. to reach 400-500 feet. Once I shut off the up an go and the glider went into full glider mode I had to trim nothing to keep it flying straight and level. After a couple of turns I realized and told Alvaro that this thing was an incredible performer. It floated with no air for several minutes and I was able to slow it down to nothing without any bad signs of stall or spins.
The first landing was very scale and the thing I noticed is how incredible well it penetrated and tracked. This thing would not even shake with a 15mile hour wind.

The second flight was just as good finished with a perfect landing.

I was not able to fly the glider for a third time as I was having some issues with the Up and Go unit. I actually had to send everything back to Germany (Florian Schambeck) to make sure the unit is working perfectly.

While I write this, I am hope to be able to aerotow the glider today but have not been able to find Ken yet.

I am very very very impress with the performance and ease of flying characteristics of this glider. The people at Paritech have been by far, the most responsive, most reliable, most professional I have ever dealt with.

I will try my best to take the 1000 to Visalia this year.

Mario
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2007, 12:10 PM
Mario, congrats on getting it airborne! Even if you don't get the system back in time, bring it on up to Visalia anyway, we will have plenty of capable tugs so you can get lots of flight time. Dennis
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Sep 24, 2007, 04:05 AM
Mario a big congratulations on your success with your first flights I look forward to seeing more of this model and can't wait to get mine, be it with out the up "N" go. What do you think would be the minimum CC tug to get this beauty aloft based on your experience.

Cheers Rossco.
Sep 25, 2007, 11:32 AM
Thread OP
Hi Guys,
The min. engine to tow this plane should be around 100cc.
Regards,
Mario

Quick Reply