Thread Tools
Feb 13, 2010, 03:46 PM
Registered User
Sackie's Avatar
Hi guys, I just went to Ultimates web site to order some of their Foam Glue and the site says that they will be out of stock until around April 2010 as their manufacturer is creating a new formula which will not be ready until then.

I was trying to build some bodies for placing any my Top Flight Stinson using, blue foam, wire, dolls heads and hands and wanted to glue the wire to the blue foam, but will have to look for something else.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2010, 06:36 PM
Fly Low Fly Fast Fly Often
jjr2001's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackie
Hi guys, I just went to Ultimates web site to order some of their Foam Glue and the site says that they will be out of stock until around April 2010 as their manufacturer is creating a new formula which will not be ready until then.

I was trying to build some bodies for placing any my Top Flight Stinson using, blue foam, wire, dolls heads and hands and wanted to glue the wire to the blue foam, but will have to look for something else.
Ok, ya just gotta try Fabri-Tac glue by Beacon Adhesives. Wallymart has it in the sewing section for something like $5.00 for 4 ounces. It is what I go for for every foamy. It works and smells just like the "foamie" glue. Made by the same company also.

There is another one called 3 IN 1 Advanced Craft Glue by Beacon also.
I can't tell the difference among the 3 types. I found the 3 IN 1 at the Hobby Lobby Craft store, not the RC store.

Of course I always use epoxy for the motor mounts.

Good Luck
Feb 23, 2010, 08:46 AM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Rickochet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr2001
There is another one called 3 IN 1 Advanced Craft Glue by Beacon also.
I can't tell the difference among the 3 types. I found the 3 IN 1 at the Hobby Lobby Craft store, not the RC store.
I found the Beacon 3 in 1 at JoAnns Crafts and Fabrics.
Feb 24, 2010, 07:24 PM
Registered User
mark963's Avatar
I believe the 3 in 1 can melt some foams to some degree. You might test it first if you're using it on Depron or EPS type of foams.
Feb 24, 2010, 07:56 PM
Fly Low Fly Fast Fly Often
jjr2001's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark963
I believe the 3 in 1 can melt some foams to some degree. You might test it first if you're using it on Depron or EPS type of foams.
I think that the 3 in 1 has a little more Acetone in it. When I am using it I use it sparingly and make sure to "close" and "open" the joint several times. That seems to reduce the foam melting. I have only used it on Depron.

I also had an old bottle of Fabri_Tac that was getting so thick that it when it came out of of the bottle it was almost like string. I added some Acetone to the bottle and thined it back to close to the original consistancy.

Great Stuff.
Feb 27, 2010, 02:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr2001
Ok, ya just gotta try Fabri-Tac glue by Beacon Adhesives. Wallymart has it in the sewing section for something like $5.00 for 4 ounces. It is what I go for for every foamy. It works and smells just like the "foamie" glue. Made by the same company also.

There is another one called 3 IN 1 Advanced Craft Glue by Beacon also.
I can't tell the difference among the 3 types. I found the 3 IN 1 at the Hobby Lobby Craft store, not the RC store.

Of course I always use epoxy for the motor mounts.

Good Luck
I second Fabri-Tac. I just finished my first foamy, and wasn't sure what to use. I started with Sumo, but threw it away in disgust after gluing just the wings together - the darned stuff is just too difficult to get out of the bottle, and why they designed it that way is beyond me. After reading that it is the same formulation as the high-dollar stuff marketed by Great Planes, I got a 4 oz bottle of Fabri-Tac at Wallymart for $4 and some change, and I'm sold on it...works perfectly.
Feb 27, 2010, 11:12 PM
RC = FUN
Basically the same stuff as fabritac that you can get at Walmart... but at Wallyworld it's only $4.99 compared to more than double that. -Tyler
Mar 30, 2010, 10:38 PM
master of the universe
captaingeek's Avatar
fabri-tac eats $ tree foam like crazey watch out!
Sep 30, 2010, 01:39 PM
Fly Low Fly Fast Fly Often
jjr2001's Avatar

Beacon 3 in 1


Beacon's 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue. This stuff is just like Fabri-Tac but I think it has a little more Acetone in it. It will eat foam if left to set in a puddle. I always pull the joints apart about 5 times and that seems to work like a champ.

It is only $3.99 for 4 ounces at Hobby Lobby (not the RC Hobby Lobby) which is the everything Craft store.

As the stuff ages in the bottle and from a lot of use it tends to thicken so I just add a little Acetone to Fabri-tac or the 3 in 1 to get it flowing properly again.

I have found that any of this type of glue will eat depron or blue-core if left to puddle.

It is still my choice for most joints on my foamies.

Cheers, John


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ultimate RC foam glue? FlyVA Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 80 Apr 25, 2009 08:40 AM
Foam Glue, what do you use? cathode Foamies (Kits) 11 Jun 06, 2002 10:27 AM
foam glue / epoxy substitute? cenman Foamies (Kits) 7 Jan 20, 2002 05:54 AM
RC-56 Glue blfinche Electric Plane Talk 4 Jul 21, 2001 09:54 PM
epp foam glue to cut with hot wire? inedesca Scale Kit/Scratch Built 4 Jun 08, 2001 08:08 AM