This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 21, 2007, 05:51 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

The review is nearly ready!

There's an update below...please take a look!

I would have had it up and on by now, but I had to cancel the maiden flight of the plane in question due to high winds. Making matters worse (at least from the review's point of view) is the fact I'm taking a little weekend out-of-town jaunt.

Believe me, I was sorely tempted to just fuel up the plane and put it in the air today by myself, but I wouldn't have been able to get pictures. The club president has offered to give me a hand under the circumstances; we just have to recoordinate our schedules. It would have been a great day, too. Cloudy but nearly dead calm. The E-flite Thunderbolt took to the sky instead. Back at the old homestead, I was finally able to begin reassembly of the HPI Savage 25 with the arrival of the final parts, namely the brake lever and piston. The lever was totally narfed when the tranny started coming apart. All better and nearly back together! Used the rest of the time to re-epoxy the motor stick on the Thunderbolt. It came loose at the field; CA just doesn't cut it when that happens on a foamie. I'll have to start carrying epoxy and not just CA. No way it's coming loose now short of an "unscheduled landing!" That stick's stuck.

Some epoxy was pressed into service to see if I could fix the poor FlyZone Cessna and its badly deviated septum. Grabbed a decal sheet yesterday but it may be a bit of a wait for the fuse and the cowl. It so happens that I have the old cowl and the repair to the fuse involving the regluing of the firewall turned out pretty good. Just not too pretty. It ought to fly OK once I fix the GWS speed control and reinstall it. I guess I can fly a glue bomb until the new parts hit the store.

To get back on topic: With discretion being the better part of valor, the Zero still waits for its first flight.

By this time next week, I'll be sharing my very first rcgroups review with all of you!

UPDATE:

The parts for the FlyZone Cessna are on back order. The distributor can't say when they'll be available. Glad to say that the "glue bomb" flies perfectly. The problem with the motor cutout may have been the battery and not the ESC. Topped off each battery prior to each flight and zoom! Off she went. While it won't win any concours events, it does fly. After all, isn't that what the hobby is all about?

In a related story:

Today is Monday. Wednesday morning will see the maiden flight of the Zero. The review will follow soon, hopefully by week's end.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Sep 24, 2007 at 05:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply