Anyone try the Sombra Labs SL-8 - RC Groups
Sep 20, 2007, 04:05 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Discussion

Anyone try the Sombra Labs SL-8

Any try the Sombra Labs SL -8 dual conversion synth receiver?

http://www.sombralabs.com/store/prod...age=1&featured

Frank
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2007, 06:45 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Last edited by jeb; Sep 20, 2007 at 11:35 PM.
Sep 20, 2007, 10:44 PM
ground pounder
The beauty of a synthesized receiver is that there is no crystal. I have not tried the SL-8, but I have three of the Shadow-3's. Some people have reported issues with these receivers. However, I have not had a single problem with any of them.
I have an older Futaba T6XAS on Ch.37, and a newer T9CHP Super with the synthesized module. Both have worked flawlessly with the Sombra products. I am just glad to see Sombra is still in the RC business and offering new products.

Just a note, I use the Shadows in 2M and a 3.3M sailplanes.
Sep 21, 2007, 07:34 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
I know there has been alot said about many of the synth receivers but I am under the impression that part or all of it was due to them being single conversion.

This being a dual conversion synth receiver, I was wondering if it could stand up to a crowded hand launch contest type of situation.

Frank
Sep 21, 2007, 06:53 PM
Ivan MacKenzie
Most of the Rx issues raised here deal more with DSP-based, single conversion receivers, regardless of whether they are synthesized or not (e.g. Berg 4L, which is not synthesized). Although I've (yet to?) have an issue with the Berg 4L's in my DLG's, the group consensus seems to be that dual conversion is the way to go.

Ivan MacKenzie.