Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 24, 2015, 10:54 AM
That is very cool. I'd also love to see some video of this flying. Looks like the landing is going to have to be pretty gentle and level though cause there doesn't seem to be much materials holding the vertical stabilizers onto the a/c. Hopefully those vertical stabilizers will also withstand the speeds your attempting to hit without breaking off. It will definitely be very interesting to see it fly. I hope you video tape it's flight.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2015, 11:16 AM
Lee Liddle
Thanks guys, there will be video regardless of the outcome. And don't worry about the verticals. They are very strong.
Jul 25, 2015, 04:36 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Lee! I tried an email, got "overquota failure ( Pics attached) let me know how much can go 'public'- my first option is a dual color print of unknown count.
Latest blog entry: Let the Competition Begin!
Jul 25, 2015, 05:06 PM
Still Screamin'!
When is the flight Lee? Today?
Aug 04, 2015, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle
Thanks guys, there will be video regardless of the outcome. And don't worry about the verticals. They are very strong.
How'd it go Lee?
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Aug 04, 2015, 06:01 PM
Lee Liddle
You misunderstood my post Gary. I haven't flown it yet. I was addressing a concern about the strength of the vertical stabs.
Aug 04, 2015, 08:44 PM
Quote:
You misunderstood my post Gary. I haven't flown it yet. I was addressing a concern about the strength of the vertical stabs.
OK, my bad.
Looking forward to seeing that beauty fly, when she's ready.
Aug 04, 2015, 10:14 PM
Lee Liddle
I'm sure Bob's llittle remark didn't help either. He's poking me with a stick, LOL. We can all use a little push now and then.
Aug 04, 2015, 10:24 PM
Lee Liddle
A small update. I'm breaking in some new lipos. They aren't anything earth sshattering but will be an improvement over my current stash. Should be able toput out aabout 14kw in this jet if the motor /fan can deal with the power. Getting close
Aug 04, 2015, 11:26 PM
Quote:
I'm sure Bob's llittle remark didn't help either. He's poking me with a stick, LOL. We can all use a little push now and then.
14KW ..... your worse than me.

I'm poking myself with a stick now too.
Aug 05, 2015, 04:58 AM
who has rabbit ears down
I poked myself withe stick twuce this week, 2nd tyme, I was getting a fence off the build table, so IF I can remember the right scaling,I might get the dual color model as the black/gold, but fer now, I'm using the last of my blue to do this (small one)!
Latest blog entry: Let the Competition Begin!
Aug 09, 2015, 10:41 PM
Lee Liddle
I ran the monster up on 18s tonight with everything on board. Wow! About 11kw installed in the nacelle, but will be over 12kw in the air when the fan is properly force fed at speed.
Aug 10, 2015, 01:04 AM
Go Lee gooooo!
Aug 10, 2015, 01:37 AM
world's slowest builder
Quote:
I ran the monster up on 18s tonight with everything on board. Wow! About 11kw installed in the nacelle, but will be over 12kw in the air when the fan is properly force fed at speed.
On the next bench run-up...Make sure to point the exhaust the opposite direction...so you don't slow the Earth's rotation too much
Aug 10, 2015, 06:56 AM
Lee Liddle
Ha, yeah will do. Maybe with some calculations I could help reduce global warming, ya think?

Quick Reply