Sep 16, 2007, 10:05 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Warning-dont click if you dont want to hear @#$%!!

Ok so this morning I wanted to find out when the Lindberg Constellation was going to be released. I knew from the forum that it was supposed to be released sometime in the 4th quarter of 07. I go to Lingberg's website. They are supposed to be a first rate company,but they cant freakin update their website any better than that! Companies spend alot of $$ on advertising etc etc to promote their products and give the customers a good feeling about their company. Then you go to their website and it says." download our new 2006 catalog? Check out whats new for 2006?" Hey Lindberg its 3/4 of the way through 2007, we the modellers, should be hearing about whats comming in 2008,not 2006. I think most modellers want to be kept upto date on new releases and future products. So update you darn website already!!Whew, that felt good getting that off my chest. Now I'm going to take a Diazipam and chill out.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2007, 10:11 AM
Thread OP
Oh and I forgot, I tried to email them by clicking on their link to customer service and it wont work for me. I keep getting an error message.For the reasons above and then the inability to email them encouraged me to post this thread. Sorry, sometimes I get wound up about things.
Sep 16, 2007, 10:29 AM
Deep breaths, Tim! I think we can assume that Lindberg is just too busy to update their website! re customer service on the web, I don't think I have ever had a question aswered that I have asked through a website based interface... Phone or direct email works better!

I see in my latest Model Expo catalouge that many of the old favorites are back out on the market... the PT... the Destroyer... Pirate ships... They'll get to the connie soon if they say it is their intent to! (I'm waiting too! I was too much of a sailboat snob to buy it last time around!)
Sep 16, 2007, 11:59 AM
no wings any more, just dust!
is their north sea trawler due for a re-release?
Sep 16, 2007, 11:26 PM
Taking care of the pond.
I just emailed them and told them it's 2007.

" To see the latest, dowload our new releases catalog for 2006. Download our new catalog!"
Sep 17, 2007, 05:38 AM
Lindberg are not alone in forgetting their web appearance. I suspect that a great many companies have people in charge who have yet to progress to the point of using a folding knife to sharpen their quills, and are still unsure about this new-fangled blotting paper.
Sep 17, 2007, 06:37 AM
Mmm, tugs...
Also remember- Lindberg/Hawk's customers are NOT you! But hobby distributors. With whom I'm sure they have much personal contact, and little need for a web interface.
Sep 17, 2007, 07:04 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350
Also remember- Lindberg/Hawk's customers are NOT you! But hobby distributors. With whom I'm sure they have much personal contact, and little need for a web interface.
Pat, that's a cold-blooded comment, though probably true---.

Think of how many modelers' hopes and dreams you've just shattered---.
Sep 17, 2007, 07:27 AM
Hay Guys remember this is a Hobby, not something to get burned up over, save your anger for something serious like when your wife burns the home made biscuits Ha!
Sep 17, 2007, 07:30 AM
1855-1921 Naval Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan
Pat, that's a cold-blooded comment, though probably true---.
It's true of the most of the companies/corporations I've worked for, the dealer log on page is updated almost weekly and then there is all the other support emails, mail outs, etc. The consumer end is always a bit bleak...

A good example is that I rang up the NZ distributor for Italeri a while back and asked what the release date for the 1/35th S-100 was and any ideas on the street price. Then in a stasi like fashion I was asked-
"How do you know about that?!?"

Stu
Sep 17, 2007, 08:13 AM
mfr02,
I like that one!
- 'Doc
Sep 17, 2007, 09:36 AM
Thread OP
Patman, with all due respect,and I do respect your work, the people consuming their products ARE their customers. How long does it take to update a freakin website more than once a year? I mean this really makes it seem like they really dont care about the people who are buying their products(thru retailers)If your going to have a website,then do it right,because its representing you the company. Pat, your saying Lindberg/Hawk only has to please their distributors? Thats the kind of logic that will bankrupt a company.If the people building their kits feel uniformed or dissed because Lindberg doesnt think its important to keep its website updated,they may buy fewer kits,thus distributors will buy less and so on. Bottom line, if your going to put up a website,it is a representative of your company,keep it looking good with up to date info or...dont do it at all. A website with useless (outdated) info is, to me, worse than no website at all. Now, I think I beat this dead horse enough.
Sep 17, 2007, 03:09 PM
Taking care of the pond.
I got a reply.

"Thanks for your inquiry. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Lindberg Models"

Ha Ha.

Quick Reply