Feb 21, 2020, 09:14 AM
Registered Hoser
I should open mine up an see what board I have. I upgraded to the long red motors and did a full metal upgrade for the little monster. No issues so far and lots of off road antics are in the books.
So, question....can these electronics handle a 3 cell Lipo?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2020, 11:30 AM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn. Krunch
I should open mine up an see what board I have. I upgraded to the long red motors and did a full metal upgrade for the little monster. No issues so far and lots of off road antics are in the books.
So, question....can these electronics handle a 3 cell Lipo?
Maybe.... I run a 5000 2S pack. The additional capacity makes for much better running over a nicad pack.
Feb 21, 2020, 01:56 PM
Registered Hoser
I run 2 cell as well but How did you squeeze a 5000 in there? I can barely get a 2200 in mine. My tank came with a Li-ion pack. Lasts about 10 minutes.
Feb 21, 2020, 05:53 PM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn. Krunch
I run 2 cell as well but How did you squeeze a 5000 in there? I can barely get a 2200 in mine. My tank came with a Li-ion pack. Lasts about 10 minutes.
I bought a hard pack (plastic shell) that fits perfectly. I also permanently mounted it in there, and run the lead through the hull so I plug it in through the back hatch. I think I posted pictures in this thread of it.. (also designed a big speaker box for a better speaker and 3d printed it amongst other mods.)
Feb 21, 2020, 06:53 PM
Registered Hoser
Cool! I'll look now.
Feb 25, 2020, 08:51 AM
Plane crazy
I added brackets for the spare tracks/armour
Feb 25, 2020, 09:40 AM
Registered Hoser
I spoke too soon about reliabilty...It seems my controller board has given up. The motors are inoperative. Everything else works, even the engine sounds but, no power going to the motors. I checked the plugs, ensured no binding in the drive train but nothing.
Now, lots of smart guys here.....should I attempt to replace the FETs or just buy another board?
I think???I have the 5.3 as I bought this last year from Mato Mart.
If i need to buy another board, should I get the 6.0 version? I already know it can't work with the smoker(that never worked anyways )
Any help would be appreciated fellas.
I'm defenseless until then!
Feb 27, 2020, 08:55 PM
Registered Hoser
Well I went to the source for an answer. The fellas at Mato Tanks let me know that the 6.0 board will work as long as I get the new TX. Not a big deal. I even ordered a new smoker hehehe. I will be adding fans to all the boards for some extra insurance.
I'll update the progress when I get the board.
Cheers.
Feb 27, 2020, 09:55 PM
Capt: You should join. https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...-more/rc-tanks

You can get lots of good tech advice and MRC now carries all the HL tanks and spare parts.
Feb 27, 2020, 10:01 PM
Registered Hoser
Yeah, I looked. Good guys and excellent customer service. The issue is shipping. It's so expensive to ship to Canada from there. Thanks though!
Feb 28, 2020, 07:40 AM
Oh yeah...there's that. That sucks.
Feb 28, 2020, 09:16 AM
Registered Hoser
I have ordered planes from there and the shipping used to be on par with anyone else, maybe a bit more but still within reason. The customer service is the best in the business though!
I will attempt to seek and replace the dead Mosfet while I await my shipment. Worst case is I trash the trash.
Feb 28, 2020, 07:05 PM

my heng tig

this early tigger has corona virus.
Feb 28, 2020, 09:41 PM
Registered Hoser
Too soon?
Mar 17, 2020, 05:09 PM
Registered Hoser
Here's my little Tiger out playing in the debris.
Henglong Tiger Tanks for the memories (2 min 40 sec)

Quick Reply