Sep 14, 2007, 04:56 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

New bird or refurb Old bird

Hello

I need some help in deciding which plane to get next and would like any advice you guys (or girls if any out there) can provide
Iím in the learning stage of 3D I can do most spins and can do harriers to a fashion also trying to perfect the rolling harrier
Also my hovering can do with some work
All these are done at a bit of height but I will get lower
Currently my 3D hanger consists of
E-flight mini edge
E-flight mini Funtana x
Hanger 9 Funtana 40 (second hand) had a thunder tiger 61 and was under powered (now retired for winter refurb)
And a CMPro Katana 50 with a thunder tiger 61 (to be maidened this weekend)
(I like the tanaís)

Im considering not refurbing the Funtana 40 finding a replacement for it!
Im more of a kit assembler that a kit builder
As the Funtana was under powered with the 61 in I was thinking of putting a Saito 82 or 90 in it.
I havenít got the engine yet so that would have to be purchased so im open to suggestions
I work part time at the LHS so I would like to purchase from there (and I get a slight discount)
They deal with the likes of Perkins, Ripmax, Mac Gregor, CML, Amerrang, and Horizon
So the plane and engine will have to be one I can get from there.

What can you guys suggest or should I refub the Funtarna and do the wing mod ??

Many thanks

Merlin
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply