Nov 26, 2002, 07:39 PM
Thread OP

on TV tonight

Just checked out the old tv guide and noticed that tonight there is a show on DIY channel called R/C TopGun.. is this a show about the scale meet??? anybody know!

the show is on tonight at 8:00pm central time U.S sorry rest of the world! ( I think)

anyone have any quick info??

Thanks

Steve D
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2002, 08:39 PM

DIY CHANNEL?

Hey Steve,

What is the DIY channel?

Thanks,
Rich
Nov 26, 2002, 08:46 PM
Acme Powered!

Radio Control on DIY

Yes, Radio Control Hobbies is on the DIY channel right now. And is repeated at 8:30 PM Pacific time. And then from 9:00 PM to 10PM Pacific time is the Top gun show. I have never seen anyone of these shows till now I never knew they existed, thanks Steve

Rich, DIY is the Do it Yourself channel.

They even have Hobby Lobby commercials on the program.
Too cool it seems that the Radio Control Hobbies show is a series. I am not too sure since this is the first time I have seen it. And Chris Chianelli from MAN fame is the shows host. I also just saw the trailer for Top Gun it looks pretty cool.
Thanks Again Steve.
Joe
Last edited by Joe Elston; Nov 26, 2002 at 09:01 PM.
Nov 26, 2002, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the info, Joe.
Wish I had that channel!
-Rich
Nov 26, 2002, 09:17 PM
Acme Powered!

DIY

Sorry Rich, that you don't have the channel. I will watch both programs and tell you how they where. I caught the tail end of the Radio Control show and it was about giant scale gas planes. So you didn't miss much there.
Joe
Nov 26, 2002, 10:45 PM
Professional Goofball
Man I knew getting Dish would pay off sooner or later...

I am going to tape both shows so I can play it back 500 times over the next few weeks.

Jeff
Nov 26, 2002, 11:13 PM
AHHHH...I have the DIY channel, and whenever I look at what is on it, its always some craft thing, or house repairs. I even looked on the DIY website, found the RC schedule, then looked on my TV at the DIY channel, and i went to the time RC was supposed to be on, and it was CRAFTS...AHHHH....I should call them about it -P
Nov 26, 2002, 11:17 PM
Acme Powered!

DIY Website

Putt, do you have the DIY url for their site? I wonder if this a weekly thing or just a onetime show?
Thanks Joe
Nov 26, 2002, 11:31 PM
weekly. There are a bunch of RC shows on. A few are for airplanes. Heres the URL http://www.diynet.com/

Just search around for a schedule, and you will find the RC stuff
Nov 26, 2002, 11:41 PM

GREAT

Hello,
Well I actually and watching it right now. Its on giant scale rc airplanes. I just had the schedule on the wrong time zone. Pretty neat show. -P
Nov 27, 2002, 12:36 PM

DIY Chianelli

I'm beginning to like Chianelli better. It looks like most of his commentary is unrehearsed and interviewed pilots are in mild stage fright. I guess they don't want to get into too much detail and bore wives and others. the muffed landings, etc. made me feel better about some of my antics with larger scale IC planes
I taped the two shows for my buddy who doesn't get DIY
Nov 27, 2002, 01:08 PM

COOL

Hello,
I watched that TOP GUN episode that was right after the Giant Scale stuff. I couldnt stay up late enough to watch the rest of the TOP GUN, but I did watch about 35 minutes of it. They did have a lot of bad landings for being the best pilots in the world. I hope to watch a park flyer show. The host does seems unrehearsed. He just sorta says the same thing...."Im here with John Doe, and his BLA BLA airplane. Tell me a little about this airplane." Thats his basic line. Either way, it was interesting, and I enjoyed it. Now that I finally have accurate times, I will watch it a lot more. Maybe Ill watch the RC cars. THose are pretty cool. -P
Nov 27, 2002, 01:19 PM
The DIY channel has some good stuff on it. I watched the 'Build A Kit Car' series. They were building a 427 Cobra Kit. Nice car. Someday I'll get around to building one.

Rob
Nov 27, 2002, 01:53 PM
Fight On!
RPLOURDEJR,

The trouble with all those fake"Cobra" kit cars is they look good at 50/50. Fifty feet away and doing 50 MPH. Real Cobras were not made of fiberglass!

If you want to build a kit car take a look at Caterham Cars. Steel chassis, Alumimum and Carbonfibre body panels and a power to weight ratio that will make any Cobra look silly. I know, I own one.

www.caterham.co.uk

Cheers...

Quick Reply