This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 13, 2007, 02:40 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

More "fun" with the Zero.

Boy, did I ever do a boo-boo.

I did a terrific job (or so I thought) of aligning the stabilizer on the Raiden Tech Zero Fighter-25 ARF I'm putting together and reviewing.

So, I glued it down.

Without the elevator halves glued in place first.

And I know better than to have done something that boneheaded.

Darn thing was aligned front to back, but was off laterally to the right about a centimeter. Ain't no way the CA was letting go, ain't no way the left elevator half was going to fit and I didn't want to break anything.

According to the owner of the independent hobby shop who has more flight experience than I, the misalignment shouldn't be an issue. Trimming the left elevator a bit got it to fit OK. Trying to contact the manufacturer is a study in either patience or futility. Couldn't get through on the phone, but they did acknowledge my e-mail inquiring about a replacement stab.

At this rate (and with apologies to George Carlin for stealing one of his lines), I'll finish that plane sometime around Saint Swivven's Day.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Sep 19, 2007 at 08:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply