Jun 25, 2010, 06:37 PM
Thread OP
Well looks like my thread has received 104,615 views and over 2400 post! I never expected this and I am very happy to have done such a successful thread that enables questions and curiosity to be answered with assistance advise as well as criticism! Excellent work Guys & Girls!!!!! Many, many thanks for all of your replies and assistance to this thread!!!!!!!! Have a beautiful weekend!

Andrew Demetrius
Latest blog entry: "Is that a Turbine?" Not...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2010, 10:12 PM

Another Spark Video Clip

This isn't very good, the last 4 minutes of a 6 minute flight, The memory card got corrupted and I lost the takeoff due to errors in the video file, but was able to recover this.
Even though I was up for about 6 minutes, I only put about 2800 back in when I charged the XPS 4000 MAh 45c packs (5x2) in this 10S setup. I am using the Kontronik Power Jive which is very efficient at mid and low throttle settings.

Wind was blowing hard and the sun was too bright to see the screen, so there's quite a bit of blue sky in this clip.
anyway, for what it's worth:

Richard Evans Spark EDF --- www.RCaviation.com --- (4 min 13 sec)
Jul 21, 2010, 07:48 PM
Anybody looking to buy a built one? Bind N Fly.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5#post15583403
Aug 30, 2010, 06:44 PM
Thread OP
Thanks!
Latest blog entry: "Is that a Turbine?" Not...
Sep 15, 2010, 01:55 PM

Another Spark Video Clip

doing my part to help keep this thread alive....
I went to the 28th annual "Greater Southwestern Jet Rally", yes can you believe it? 28 years this jet event has been going every year!

Anyway, there were some Electra's, and some others and a Spark powered by a Turbine.

Then there was mine, powered by Stumax. Also, I asked my Friend Bob Fiorenze who flies for BVM to fly the Spark and he kindly took it up for me and made it do things I haven't gotten the nerve for yet.
anyway, here is a video of my humble flight, include the nose scrapping landing ( the nose gear hung up and collapsed on landing).

Richard

This is my website below, so take a look around if you like, lots of good stuff

http://www.rcaviation.com/showthread...&p=372#post372
Sep 15, 2010, 09:45 PM
I'll do my part to keep this alive too. Anyone got a spare duct to sell me? I brain-farted not realizing which way my stumax fan goes and butchered mine trying to get it to fit. It was too late when I realized it would fit without modification the correct way. I'm a noob.
Last edited by hank2000; Sep 15, 2010 at 10:10 PM.
Sep 15, 2010, 10:11 PM
Spoooooon!
I'm just getting over the total loss of my Spark (dumb thumbed it in). Starting to save up for another one. My TJ100 3200 watt setup was nice, but I'm looking for more speed this time around. I think a 110mm fan will be the ticket for a speed setup. The Stumax 110mm 4 blader looks very promising. There is also Tams and Schubeler's 110mm. Thinking 4.5-5kw will give me the performance I'm looking for. Anyone have any thoughts?
Sep 15, 2010, 10:42 PM
The 6 P principle works for me

Tick

Hi Tick! Do not know how much room you have in there however, Tam's new TJ120 was smokin fast at the Big Jolt! As I understand it, the fan is a Dynamax 127mm cut down by Tam to 120mm. Tam does great work and the jet it was in (BVM Electra, I think) had a high speed pass of 216 or 218 mph! Sounds good too!

Michael
Sep 15, 2010, 11:28 PM
Spoooooon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecfryer
Hi Tick! Do not know how much room you have in there however, Tam's new TJ120 was smokin fast at the Big Jolt! As I understand it, the fan is a Dynamax 127mm cut down by Tam to 120mm. Tam does great work and the jet it was in (BVM Electra, I think) had a high speed pass of 216 or 218 mph! Sounds good too!

Michael
I was there to see Tams Electra do those incredible passes. My radar gun was used as the second gun. I don't think the Sparks intakes are large enough to make any use of the larger fans. Maybe the experts will chime in, but 110mm is probably the largest you should go in this airframe. It would be awesome if the TJ120 worked in this little plane!
Sep 16, 2010, 02:28 AM
Hi Hank
Although it does not show up as a spare part,I was able to buy a new set of ducts and exhaust tube direct from Carf.It took a while but they did supply it.
I hope this helps
Cheers
Steve
Oct 01, 2010, 07:00 PM
I'm here for the women..?
Hi all

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to email me a drawing (.dwg), or trace with a reference dimension of the battery tray.

I got a used model and the tray went missing, so I need to construct a new one.

My email is,
chadnortheast@shaw.ca

Thanks!
Chad
Oct 01, 2010, 11:18 PM
Los Gatos Airport
Chad, sent you a scanned pdf of tracing.
Oct 13, 2010, 10:05 AM
Jim H
So what is the preferred wheel size for flying off grass?
Nov 21, 2010, 09:47 PM
Well i thought i had better keep this thread alive.

I just had the chance to maiden my Spark. It's running the Stumax 110-45 on 10 cells. 5800mah batteries. Speedy is the Castle Creations 160 amp controller pulling 127 amps.

Links are for the two first flight, videos aren't the worlds best, but at least somebody was willing to capture it for me. Had plenty of heckling in the back ground, they where handy though. They even reminded me to put my undercarriage down, good idea as i had forgotten.

Well, it scoots along quite nicely pretty quick actually. Vertical must be almost unlimited, well i couldn't see it anymore and i didn't know which way was up.

The Stumax has been absolutely awesome!!!! With plenty of power to spare. A truly wonderful combination. Thanks to Stu for helping/ leading me in the right direction. I really wanted to stay 10s, and not go 12s. But i wanted plenty of performance too. He picked the perfect motor. The model will cruise easily at low power and move along nicely when asked

Thanks to everybody on this thread, it has made it heaps easier to get my model sorted

Chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usSJZZbYgN
Comp ARF Spark Stumax SM110-45 first flights (3 min 42 sec)
o
Nov 21, 2010, 09:47 PM
And another one

Chris
Comp ARF Spark Stumax SM110-45 first flights (4 min 10 sec)

Quick Reply