This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 11, 2007, 06:21 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Doggone instructions finally got me!

The horrific instruction manual I got with my Raiden Tech Zero Fighter-25 resulted in a mistake and damage to the covering. I cut the cover where the instructions sorta kinda pointed to and realized with a horrid sinking feeling that I'd just opened up a hole in the wrong place.

A great big nicely trimmed rectangular one.

I about had a fit.

Calling their toll free number resulted in no live help whatsoever. All I got was a generic computer that kept telling me it would try to connect me, all to the strains of "Take Five."

At least it was the Brubeck original. Over and over and over. No live help no matter what I did with my phone. Five minutes, ten...no answer.

Well, directory assistance wasn't able to find the place and the number I did find for the company online is busy. Constantly.

However, I finally got lucky and got a live tech who was quite helpful. While he didn't have the olive drab covering on hand, he did have some of the gray covering used on the underbelly. Since there's always a chance that the underbelly might get dinged by a rock or something, I took him up on his offer to send me some of that color. As far as the wait on the phone is concerned, I just needed to wait longer than I was able to spare. Eventually, I'd have gotten through.

Thank goodness I kept the elevators from the crashed Zero. I have no idea why. I should point out that I received the first plane with the tailfeathers already installed and I threw it out the day it crashed.

Good thing, though. I sliced the covering off of one, tried to iron it on, but no go. Already as shrunk and as unglued as it would ever be.

Made a patch from the second elevator and glued it on with Zap-a-Dap. The color matches, of course, but I now have a patched plane that isn't even completed yet. On the other hand, it's a Zero. Zeroes were grungy old workhorses, so the patch might not be out of character.

I may get a piece of new scrap Monokote or similar covering, iron it on and spray the upper part of the plane in fresh olive drab, perhaps a bit closer to the color of the prototypes which shows up in photos as a sort of blue-green.

Getting hold of a live (and helpful) person softened my attitude somewhat. I did tell him about the manual, though. Seems they're aware of the problem.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Sep 11, 2007 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Updating with good news
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply