New Products Flash Sale
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2008, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by GunnyGlow
piro-maniac........
Lookin good bebop!! I'm really interested in how it will fly!!!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 02:28 AM
Find More Posts by unclecrash
I bought some glue today. I finished gluing the other elev. half and rudder. and added the servo's for rudder and and elevator. Next figure a spot for the throttle servo.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by Mr.Me
quick, stretch into a monster!
well be happy that you have the money for glue, i have 3 balsa planes that i wasnt built but i can't build them because i don't have the glue to build them... it sucks.

Regards.

Nick.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Me
well be happy that you have the money for glue, i have 3 balsa planes that i wasnt built but i can't build them because i don't have the glue to build them... it sucks.

Regards.

Nick.
Don't feel bad most the stuff I get is charity. My friend knows the boat Im. He bought 2 edf jets and made a deal with me If I build them we both fly them. He funds the projects. The shock 3D he just gave me. But Im short 2 servo's and a battery. I just gutted a park flier for the berg 4 and 3 servo's but still need 2 more
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:00 PM
I got the throttle servo in. I was messing around with a slantflex tank 4oz. but it isn'yt going to work. I can just stuff it in the hole. But the front hits right where there is a little cross section of the mount so Im going to try a flat front tank when I get one. hate to have to put a smaller tank in. Any one know what kind of run time I would get on a 2oz.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 03:13 AM
I installed the tank. Also reinforced the cowl with a bit of glass. Need a couple servo's for aileron's and a battery.
Last edited by unclecrash; Jul 14, 2008 at 03:18 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:30 AM
piro-maniac........
digging your progress uncle.......patiently waiting the vid of a maiden flight!!
I think it's gonna fly nice....looks as though it's a nice solid airframe!!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks Gunny,After cutting out a few area's to put the tank in she is a bit weak in the sidws and nose. I have added a few pieces of carbon fiber, You can see them in the laast pic. Im going to add a couple more once I put everything in. Im a bit worried about the paint on the cowl melting wondering if I should get some clear ureathane to spray it with.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:07 PM
Well I got the canopy glued on. I have to catch up to my friend yet for the 2 servo's.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:09 PM
Find More Posts by bebopgolf

Motor Mount Pics.

Here are some more pictures. I took Pictures with both the Pitts Muffler And the stock Muffler to show that you could do this without the pitts muffler (an extra $30) I might add that the stock muffler would also fit with only a Small Exit hole in the cowl.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 09:48 AM
Find More Posts by FlattyFlier
Team LightRC
Wow! That motor fits great! Beautiful conversion, brother!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 09:50 AM
piro-maniac........
The pitts muffler looks better...IMO. But it is a tuning nightmare....for me n e ways!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by FlattyFlier
Team LightRC
But the power will be better, as well as the sound, and you won't have to cut a big hold the in the front of the cowl for the LE of the pipe muffler...go with the pitts!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 06:55 PM
I almost have her finished. I gutted 2 servo's for the aileron's out of an old wreck I forgot about. I need to make a pirch for the battery. I have a little 5 cell
which when placed on top of the rudder,elevator servo's balances perfect. She is a bit portly. I think the box says 21oz.with 2100bat Im at 25oz. Or right around there I will check later.