This thread is privately moderated by Stuart Warne, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 10, 2007, 10:01 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Basingstoke Electric fly in....

Well what a fantastic day. Light winds, sunny with a little cloud and warm too. The site was great, set in the beautiful Hampshire countryside. The flight line was well thought out and the grass nice and short. One quirk about the field (for me anyway) was the fact that it was on a hill, so one end of the landing ground was 10ft or so higher than the other! Certainly make it interesting. I even managed to ROG my Mig 15 on its belly when taking off down hill thanks to the extra momentum, and as the winds were very light, I could land in the opposite direction and have it slowed down quicker too.

Also at the high end of the LZ there was a natural sudden bump that ran the width of the field. It was great fun watching models getting bumped up into the air when they hit it, like a ramp on Royal Navy carriers Flying started at 10am and I personally had my last at 18:30, but I don't think there was a minute passed without at least 4 models in the air. A nice selection too, but I'll let the photo's do the talking, (oh yes please note that I took the wrong lens for a camera that I borrowed, so the model are not as big and as clear as I'd normally post and because of that most show the models on the ground apart from the bigger ones that flew and I could capture better).

I could only take my Mig 15 and Blue arrow Acrojet to this show unfortunately. The Mig got up about 5 or 6 time and was flying well by the end of the day (once my nerves had settled ) and apparently (according to the flight line director) it was only to two votes away from being voted 3rd in the people's choice award for model in attendance, which was a nice complement. Not bad for a foamy ARTF . The Acrojet did fly but still needs a lot of tweaking, could be good for a 'chuck around model though'.

So thank you to all at BMFC for a great event. See you next year, with more of my own models though Enjoy the images, and, as always, thank you for reading. Any questions, please ask.

Stuart.

Last edited by Stuart Warne; Oct 18, 2007 at 01:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2007, 05:07 PM
The sky is my playground.
You just gotta rub it in that you guys can get the Ripmax ME-109E huh? The 617sq Lancaster is pretty neato. Could make for some nice low level dropping over the water pics. Thanks for sharing!
May 20, 2008, 09:15 AM
Lover of scale R/C
Hey Stuart.
See you there this year? Wil be my first attendance, looks like a great venue.
How's the Beaufighter coming along?

Matt
May 26, 2008, 06:31 PM
Thread OP
Beaufighters basically done, check out my Alfa thread in warbirds...

Quick Reply