This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 10, 2007, 09:42 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Progress!

The new Zero is coming along nicely despite every effort of the instruction manual to make it do otherwise. When the review comes out, you'll see how much I love the plane (so far) and hate the manual.

I go a nice, warm welcome at the AMA Gold Certified local field yesterday. Nice folks, all. Somehow, that club had gotten a reputation for elitism and snobbery toward those with electrics. Booshwah. Nicest folks you ever want to meet who do a lot for the community in return. In fact, a grandfather/grandson team were having a ball with a GWS Slow Stick soon after the club president landed his 100mph delta wing.

The combat plane made the ride with me. Unfortunately, it bit me. The idle was too fast; it was the first time I'd flown it since tweaking the throttle cable. I reached around the back to pinch the fuel line and ka-WHANNG! Took a nice chunk out of my right thumb. Despite "leaking" all over the sidewalk, it was more of a glancing blow than a deep, direct one. I got lucky. If I'd have been there alone, I would have been a long way from first aid.

Unfortunately, the plane didn't like ROG from the pavement, so it was time for a hand launch. REAL fun with a sliced-up thumb and bloodsoaked dressing. It flew fine, but the engine loaded up soon afterwards. Didn't quite make the field and the new landing gear got tweaked. No biggie; relaunched without the gear...started loading up again...and I brought it in for a nice, greased belly landing before it stalled. Looks like I may have an air bleed problem along with that thumb bleed problem (which, by the way, looks a lot better this morning than it did yesterday). Lots of fuel and oil in the muffler.

I needed to change the dressing on the thumb and I figured I'd had enough. Still, a great day despite having left a lot of DNA on their patio.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply