Nov 05, 2007, 05:37 PM

Error in Illustrator scaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenBFP
... I use Adobe Illustrator to resize the plans. I can print tile, but don't know if I can save it. Here is the 16.5" span one. ... Len
Len, did you notice that the bottom of the PDF is cropped, so part of it does not appear on the resulting PDF?

I'll check the original to see if it has the same problem. [Edit 05Nov2007: The original is fine. Apparently, Illustrator does not scale its own files correctly. See below for corrected files for 16.5 inch WS. Ignore the 6" scale in the center of the drawing under the fuselage, as it's scale is no longer correct.]

FYI, ScaleAndTile2 can scale Illustrator's PDF files correctly.

Cheers,
Bill Segraves
Last edited by segraves; Nov 05, 2007 at 06:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2007, 05:50 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Thread OP
Bill, I took the liberty of putting a post reference to your tiled 32" plan in the #1 post
Nov 05, 2007, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
Bill, I took the liberty of putting a post reference to your tiled 32" plan in the #1 post
That's fine.

If you approve of the WS = 16.5" versions I posted one message back from here, please put a link to them in the #1 post, as well.

Best regards,
Bill Segraves
Nov 05, 2007, 06:30 PM
Crash Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
Did you fly the F22 at the JR indoor fest GB ?
Yep, in the 1st 2 battery packs, I got hammered 3 times

I got T-Boned right in the prop by a Synaps (the Great Planes demo model), and a little hot glue later we were both flying again... he was missing more foam than me, though

I flew it every day. I even out-slowed several fighters (seeing how slow you can fly). And stayed right with 'the big boys' durring the jets-only session.

Again, I can't see a need for ailerons... can anyone 'sell' me on them?
Nov 05, 2007, 06:47 PM
Some call me the other guy!
All i can say , Gene Bond. Less wing rock but you can over do the throws and increase it. Dekan and Kosh have the right setup. I check them both out!
By the way guys that is too plane in a tree intwo days. velcro came loose on the Accent and lost it in another tree. Again nothing broke but the motor mount. Just have the mix some glass resin and it is back in the air!

I had a Great weeken hangin out with my two best friends! Just hanging with the boys.

oh, yeah thanks dekan!
Elvan Wilson II!
Nov 05, 2007, 07:48 PM
It's a Great Day to Fly
I just learned something about Illustrator. It was my fault, I had moved the image area out of the "work" space to line one wing tip up with zero on the ruler so I could tell if this was the 16.5" version, apparently it does not convert the area outside of the "work" space into a pdf. Sorry, thanks segraves for fixing it and providing the tiled version.

I'm with you Gene, I don't see the need for ailerons.

Len
Last edited by LenBFP; Nov 06, 2007 at 05:59 AM.
Nov 05, 2007, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenBFP
I just learned something about Illustrator. It was my fault, I had moved the image area out of the "work" space to line one wing tip up with zero on the ruler so I could tell if this was the 16.5" version, apparently it does not convert the area outside of the "work" space into a pdf. Sorry, thanks segraves for fixing it and providing the tiled version. ...
You're very welcome, Len.

Actually, Illustrator converts all of the content into a PDF. It doesn't show the part that is outside of the MediaBox of the PDF. I was able to tweak the coordinates of the lower-left-hand corner of the MediaBox and ArtBox on your PDF to reveal the part of the PDF that Illustrator was hiding from view.

That said (written), I believe this is a design error in Illustrator, and will point it out to the appropriate Adobe person. You could be helpful by looking up MediaBox and ArtBox in your Illustrator Help Index to see if either of those terms is what you referred to as the "work" space.

More later.

Best regards,
Bill Segraves
Last edited by segraves; Nov 06, 2007 at 08:46 AM.
Nov 05, 2007, 09:13 PM
teched88
Gene Bond said "IIRC, the TB series has some minimum soft start, which can only be set something like soft and softer... not fast, like PH series."

I tried the thunderbird 18 today and it's not going to work. It doesn't let the motor go to full throttle???? There seems to be little difference between 2s and 3s too. weird.
I put a 10-12 amp esc on it (don't know what brand, it came with my liteflight bug) and it worked fine.....lots of power.....3s makes it screeeeeemm.....but I can't run it because I know it's only a 10 or 12 amp esc.
So, do I buy a 25-30 dollar esc to make a 5 dollar motor work, or go back to the bw 1500 or 1700kv motor. All my esc's work with them!!!!
I really want to give that little red bugger a try with a 6X4.....
Nov 05, 2007, 10:38 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Teched88 I run that motor with 6X5 E prop and it works great on a 2 Cells setup!
Thanks,
Elvan Wilson II!
Nov 05, 2007, 10:44 PM
"On the Wing"
All 9 mm EPP with edges rounded, hot glue construction, hot glue hinges.

Current weight as shown - 2.71 ounces. Is that about right?

Oops, just realized I did not put the cf on the wing leading edges. How critical is that?
Last edited by paulo810; Dec 24, 2007 at 10:35 AM.
Nov 06, 2007, 01:22 AM
Look outside the Square
teched,......frustrating isin it. If you wanting to get the bird in the air asap well you might have to use BW 1500 or 1700 kv. I used the only1700 BW I had and it flys the F22 great. Not having a TB18, and as you said it runs the motor on 2/3 cells but the power does not seem to be there, can this be a programmable fix through the TX. Is there a programme sheet out there to do this. Hopefully some one will chime in that has a TB18 esc and point you in the right direction to get it sorted out.

All the best
Box
Nov 06, 2007, 01:35 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Thread OP
You can only change 3 things according to the user maual and timing isn't one of them that whats causing the screech IMO. Thanks for coming to the rescue Bill.

From my previous post this is my $.02

A friend mine has 2 of the Czech microtek motors a 60W and an 80W.
Which he tried to run with with a generic (no name) ESC on 3s they both made a terrible screaming noise like a bad bearing.
Swap the ESC to another make they run fine.

If you don't put carbon on the leading edge.
Tape the leading edge where the "break" is or it will tear there
Last edited by dekan; Nov 06, 2007 at 03:39 AM.
Nov 06, 2007, 06:48 AM
teched88
Dekan,

sorry, a little miscommunication. The motor screems ( runs really fast) with the 10 amp esc, but using the correct amperage esc (the TB-18) makes it run worse.
What I was trying to get across is that I have multiple esc's but not the correct one yet.
Thanks.
Brian
Nov 06, 2007, 06:52 AM
teched88
Box,
I don't know if it's a programming thing or not, I don't know why I let this stuff bother me. I know I have motors that will work, but keep plugging along with the 2805.
gotta see how it compares.
Nov 06, 2007, 07:15 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Thread OP
Tech define worse please

Quick Reply