Sep 26, 2007, 05:42 AM
Suspended Account
Holy cow, I have no idea what you just said Rudes!
Glad to have you here though, and I know the feeling well-
"Don't know, don't ask"
Lots of people like that- its a shame.
But, there's also lots of good folks like Dekan, Kosh, Lloo, Fangar etc...
So it balances out.
Dave
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2007, 06:31 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
A what???
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Sep 26, 2007, 07:09 AM
Crash & Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra command
Like Christmas day I tell 'ya...
My EPP arrived today, in several thicknesses and densities...in black AND white. So, no paint for me, I used black and white to get it looking sharp and to provide good visual references for orientation......
That looks great! Guess I know what my paint scheme is going to be, once I get started building, that is....
Sep 26, 2007, 07:49 AM
teched88
I read it three times and I still have no idea what I just read
Sep 26, 2007, 07:58 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
I think he likes it !!! ....and may not care much for the LHD, but likes the Foamie guys, and may have a deep rooted fear of Photography...???
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Sep 26, 2007, 10:42 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgmag
That looks great! Guess I know what my paint scheme is going to be, once I get started building, that is....
Thanks man! I like how it came out. I will probably just add a splash of color somewhere, or maybe just some more black.
Sep 26, 2007, 10:57 AM
Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra command
Like Christmas day I tell 'ya...
My EPP arrived today, in several thicknesses and densities...in black AND white. So, no paint for me, I used black and white to get it looking sharp and to provide good visual references for orientation.
Scaled the design down to approx 80%, used 9mm EPP throughout, 1.9# for the wing and fuse, and 1.3# for the control surfaces, canopy, skids and verticals. Doubled up for the fuse.
.125 CF tube down the nose and across the wingspan, .070 CF rod running the length of the skids and across the front of the wing, and CF strips along the leading edges.
Hot glue hinges for the elevons, and hot glue pretty much throughout.
All up weight with lipo is under 5 ounces. I am quite pleased with this result.
Now, I pray to God that this danged Feigao and 3x3 prop will get this sucker moving.
Dave
Very nice Jet Dave. made me affraid to post my (UGLY) Plane pics, lol.

last night I shot some paint on it and used the FTD method (Fly to Dry) lol.

Hind sight.... I should have left the bottom white. hehe really hard to tell wich way is up when it's out far.

HyperFlea running gear.
2S 910 TP battery
2 HS-55's
PH-10 ESC
Emax motor
6x4E APC prop
Spektrum RX

David
Sep 26, 2007, 11:45 AM
Nice painted prop

Let us know how she flies
Sep 26, 2007, 11:51 AM
Crash Master
Paint over the colored bottom with Black. You'll love the contrast in the air.
Sep 26, 2007, 11:53 AM
Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicWill
Nice painted prop

Let us know how she flies
Quick & Dirty

flies cool, sorta slow, gets the batteries hot after a full run. might try aileron/elevator control next.
Sep 26, 2007, 11:55 AM
Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Bond
Paint over the colored bottom with Black. You'll love the contrast in the air.

Thanks, I'll do that, good idea
Sep 26, 2007, 12:37 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Thread OP
Just got home from work and seen Rudes post...there a couple of things I would like to clear up if I read it right.
1. I never claimed the videos were mine, all the videos on this thread came from Kosh, Kai and Fangar, Thanks everybody

2. My comments on Depron or FF probably being better for a fast plane are based on Rude's post #134 comment on the 400grms of thrust and the use of 3s battery which in my book means speed is a requirement.

If you follow the different theads you will find a discussion between Gpw and myself as to the virtues of FF and Epp. Its our observation that Epp sheet foamies tend to flex too much at hi speeds and a therefore are better for slower planes,where it's good points are better suited
If I misquote you Gpw chime in.

I like the colour scheme Super, you may want to put some strapping tape on the leading edge of the wing where the carbon finishes, stops the Epp tearing there if you arrive one wing low!

Anybody can PM me at any time. if I know the answer I will happily tell you
Last edited by dekan; Sep 26, 2007 at 01:15 PM.
Sep 26, 2007, 12:51 PM
Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan

I like the colour scheme Super, you may want to put some strapping tape on the leading edge of the wing where the carbon finishes, stops the Epp tearing there if you arrive one wing low!

Anybody can PM me at any time. if I know the answer I will happily tell you

Hi Dekan, thanks for the tip, that has already happend to one wing. I'll add the tape tonight. the color scheme looks cool in the air, but will add black on the bottom side to aid visuals.
Sep 26, 2007, 12:54 PM

Take a Ride on my Raptor!

I decided I would see if my Raptor would pull my little EDVR camera. It flew pretty well with the 1 ounce extra weight. Just for fun...

F-22 Raptor RC Plane OnBoard Camera (2 min 1 sec)

Cheers,

Fangar
Sep 26, 2007, 01:13 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Thread OP
Super my final solution was to carry the leading carbon all the way to the fus see plan V2....and use strapping tape.

I use the uline tape it came from Slowfly.com so I guess I will have to find another source anybody know which one it was though, as Uline make lots of different ones.....

I like the video Fangar

Quick Reply