Feb 23, 2008, 02:46 PM
Three of us are interested in building the 32" version. In this thread (Discussion - F22 Epp/Depron Parkjet - with plans) started by dekan on Sept. 9th there are plans for a 32" F-22 (F-22 A0 32inch ws plan.pdf ). There are also plans for 32" on thread page 41, post 615. There is also video posted by grali on thread page 44, post 652.

We would like to know what material and thickness was used for wing and fuselage, what motor, what prop, what battery (size and cells) and AUW or airframe weight w/o battery.

Thanks so much,

Garry
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2008, 04:28 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Thread OP
Blucor or 6mm Depron....Epp would need some serious CF rod to stiffen it up.You would need some if you use Blucor or Depron

If you check back there is plenty of info on motors..150W-250W should do.

Battery depends on the motor and how long you want the plane to fly for...bigger battery = longer flight time.

Dunno about the airframe weight, I have never built one this big.....16oz or less would be a figure I would shoot for......
Feb 24, 2008, 05:28 PM

EPP Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukejt
Gary...NOOOOOOOOOOO .....

Dude, use EPP, you'll love it. I was commenting as I built. I cut tout an 8" prop slot, and yeah I've got a bit O flop, but the plane flies GREAT and it's practically indestructible. I've crashed it so hard so many times, just a bit of hot glue and it's all good. You will enjoy this plane so much more if it's EPP tough.
Some of the other guys have fixes for the flop, install the CF vertical, create an A frame with the skids, smaller prop slot.
I may have worded my reply incorrectly. I'm making the F-22 out of 1.3 EPP and I'll make one Alley Cat out of Elmers Foam Board. If I don't like A/C I'll order some 6mm Depron.
Feb 24, 2008, 07:55 PM
Fly now crash later
I tried the CF2812 on a 9x6 and a 9x3.8 on 2S 800 mah.
I get almost the same thrust on 2S, but about half the rpm's. A huge loss of speed.

9x6
17 oz thrust
12.05 amp
85 watt

9x3.8
12 oz thrust
9.89 amp
60 watt
6781 rpm
Last edited by davecrash; Feb 25, 2008 at 11:39 AM.
Feb 24, 2008, 10:14 PM
I think this time I am going to build a 22" with 2" longer wings (so technically its going to be 26"). I hope it's going to be easier to fly, for the start, than when I get use to it, I can always cut the tips of the wings to the standard size. What do you think?
Feb 24, 2008, 11:12 PM
"It's a Quad" :O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarrek
I think this time I am going to build a 22" with 2" longer wings (so technically its going to be 26"). I hope it's going to be easier to fly, for the start, than when I get use to it, I can always cut the tips of the wings to the standard size. What do you think?
Are you just going to extend the tips by 2 inches each or will the entire wing be scaled up?

I added winglets to mine. It helped with stability....I think or I'm just getting used to the plane.

My daughters tell me this one is twitchy.
Feb 24, 2008, 11:27 PM
I might scale the wings, it will be harder to notice the difference this way.
Feb 25, 2008, 01:12 AM
Quote:
That is pretty much how I did mine added 1" on each tip and about 1/2" on the front/back.
Feb 25, 2008, 02:36 AM

Training wheels

Quote:
That's what I'm doing to an F-18; oversized wing for my training wheels then keep cutting off to desired performance....

Scale?????????? for Me?????????// nah............

LarryR : )
Feb 25, 2008, 07:43 AM
tree scavenger
Quote:
I think this time I am going to build a 22" with 2" longer wings...
Yarrek
thats essentially what i did too, wing area (reduced wing Loading) is our friend
...of course ive yet to test this baby in the air

...like my New Years resolution's, i'll 'trim the fat' later
Feb 25, 2008, 03:50 PM
Can anyone tell me the best way to cut the 68 angle on the vertical stablizers. New at this as you can guess.
Feb 25, 2008, 03:59 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Thread OP
Make up a 68 degree template and mark up the angle on the front and rear edges of the base of the fins. The fin should be flat on the cutting surface Or if your feeling very lazy just use the measurement of 5mm!

I think the fins are not handed so it does not matter about making a L or RH one.

Then cut the fins in the same manner as you cut the elevon hinge angles
Last edited by dekan; Feb 25, 2008 at 04:13 PM.
Feb 25, 2008, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
Make up a 68 degree template and mark up the angle on the front and rear edges of the base of the fins. The fin should be flat on the cutting surface Or if your feeling very lazy just use the measurement of 5mm!

I think the fins are not handed so it does not matter about making a L or RH one.

Then cut the fins in the same manner as you cut the elevon hinge angles
Cool. Got it. Thanks for the help!
Feb 26, 2008, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB57
Three of us are interested in building the 32" version. In this thread (Discussion - F22 Epp/Depron Parkjet - with plans) started by dekan on Sept. 9th there are plans for a 32" F-22 (F-22 A0 32inch ws plan.pdf ). There are also plans for 32" on thread page 41, post 615. There is also video posted by grali on thread page 44, post 652.

We would like to know what material and thickness was used for wing and fuselage, what motor, what prop, what battery (size and cells) and AUW or airframe weight w/o battery.

Thanks so much,

Garry
check your pm, also I forgot to mention the 1/2" blue foam from lowes is $11.00 for a 4'x8' sheet
Feb 26, 2008, 11:07 PM
Any ideas how to paint an f-22?
I like the military version, but it is so easy to loose orientation.
I am thinking about standard gray/black but with yellow stripes accross wings and maybe a yellow nose...

Quick Reply