Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 25, 2002, 07:23 PM

Still having Problems with theEDF motor on my MSW

Ok i have heard guy`s are using the Li-on Packs with good sucsess....Not me Mine went great for the first min and then the motor started to vary in speed and Pitch. Now when i shut it off and want to start it agian i have to put the throttle on and then give the Prop a "Flick' to get it going and even thenm it is not at the speed or power it should be. first i thought it may have been the ESC but i have changed it from a MPI 20AMP to a Pixie 20AMP Still the same. Each EDF motor i try does this(I have 3) WHAT is going on??

Kush
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2002, 08:56 PM
Time To Fly?
Sound like your batts cant handle the amps the little edf motor is putting out. What kind of LiOns are you using?

I am using 2 cells of 1024 kokams with GREAT success. 20 minute full throttle flights. It is awesome.

Dale
Nov 25, 2002, 10:31 PM
I was using the 1865 li-ons. I think you mean the 1020 Kokam though don`t you? these 1865`s should be able to handle it as i was using them in the Tinabob i have and that was using 2 GWS DD motors.

Kush
Nov 25, 2002, 10:36 PM
Time To Fly?
Is it a new motor or a used motor? My EDF motor did burn out last week after I had about 50 flights on it.

Dale
Nov 26, 2002, 12:12 AM
All Three are Brand New in the bag from Aircraft-world.com

Kush