Aug 15, 2010, 01:54 PM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
[QUOTE=dyngkasa;15794728]Heres the video of the maiden flight of my fox with EDF:

Kul.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2010, 04:57 PM
Phil.T-tailer
Has anyone tried a "clipped wing" Fox?
chop a couple of inches off each tip - maybe roll faster?
not scale, but if it works
and thats the bit that breaks anyway

Phil.
Aug 15, 2010, 04:59 PM
Have yet to break mine... A little 10 mil new stuff on the bottom makes them very tough.
Aug 16, 2010, 07:09 AM
I have just purchased another fox! This one is going to be the one i paint up all nice.
I,m going to put balsa alerons on and would like to cover the wings in this new stuff.

Is there anyone in the UK willing to sell me some for the job?

Cheers in advance.....
Aug 17, 2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathy
I have just purchased another fox! This one is going to be the one i paint up all nice.
I,m going to put balsa alerons on and would like to cover the wings in this new stuff.

Is there anyone in the UK willing to sell me some for the job?

Cheers in advance.....

I got mine here.

http://canuckengineering.com/new/catalog/film-covering

-David
Aug 17, 2010, 06:30 PM
"Still Crashing since 1960"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dno264
I get mine here also, great people!
they have very nice switch jacks also.

nut
Aug 19, 2010, 05:13 PM
O.k, i've used all of the fiberglass tape that came in the box and covered the whole of the top of the wing and some of the bottom!

It seems to have done the trick and has added a nice bit of weight too.

I am getting some cross weave tape tomorrow to put on my other fox, going to put 2 layers on and maybe another carbon spar in the wings!

I have also put a rod in the nose as this seems to snap of the easiest.
Aug 19, 2010, 05:24 PM
Really? Snapping off noses? Mine has popped in, but never busted off. Just pull it back out. My buddy smashed mine into a sidewalk with no real damage. Then again it is covered in new stuff.
Aug 19, 2010, 05:31 PM
I would like to cover my new one in this new stuff, but can't seem to find it anywhere in the U.K

I guess that the cross weave tape i'm going to use will help. I planned on doing all of the wings and nose area, as these are the weakest points.
I'm also going to swap the ailerons / elevator / rudder in balsa too. Should be very responsive then!!
Aug 19, 2010, 07:31 PM
i've just bought the fox & am looking to cover the wings to stiffen them up.
Heathy where are you getting the tape from & is the weave white? I think we've got some at work but it's like a old yellowy colour This is my first sloaper so it's gonna need stiffening up in the wing & protection, I don't want to get into carbon spars as i don't know what i'm doing really. Just want to beef it up as much as poss with easy methods. We do get quite strong winds here on the coast so i'm wondering about ballast, how it's attached & materials used, i'm thinking small bits of lead something like that?
Aug 20, 2010, 01:40 AM
I'm getting the tape from www.modelmaniacsonline.co.uk They are in calne wilts.

I have some lead right at the front of mine squeezed just in front of the battery [ sanyo eneloop 4 ] and with the added weight of the tape it
penetrates the wind very well.

Will let you know about tape colour as soon as i have it!

Hope that helps...
Aug 20, 2010, 01:00 PM
Being new to all this I'm learning all the time. My fox came today & i've started putting it together but I think i'm missing something to wire up the ailerons. Do you use a "Y" cable to join the two servos together? When the model is finished do you just plug each wing into the "Y" left hanging out in the fuse & isn't it a bit tight to plug in with the wings almost in place? worried about getting the wire/s trapped as the wings come together.
Any advice please?
Aug 20, 2010, 01:09 PM
I do not use a "Y" but use separate extensions that plug into the receiver. This allows me to use flaps and spoilers. I use both a fair amount when flying formation with friends. Spoilers work well for landing on the wheel.

Not to mention that you do want differential on this plane! I like setting this up in my transmitter so I can fine tune.

I do not take my wings off for transport, but have had the wings off, just unplug the extensions at the wing.

-Wayne
Aug 20, 2010, 04:55 PM
as i don't have flaps i guess i could just use a "Y" connector or would it be better to connect them seperately anyway?
Aug 20, 2010, 05:09 PM
Mine only has a y lead and works a treat. Might be worth having a look at what Bobbr said in the last page!
I did what he said and has made a big difference, not really on flying but when landing!

Before i did i was always breaking bits off, wing tips, top of rudder! Brilliant idea.
This with the tape makes a much better bird.

The other fox which is still in its box is going to be a right mission. I'm going to put a extra cf spar in the wing,and maybe add spoilers too.

Whats the general consensus on adding spoilers?

Quick Reply