JR 8103 flap setup - RC Groups
Sep 09, 2007, 05:12 AM
kkw
kkw
Discussion

JR 8103 flap setup

Could someone help me with the steps I need to follow, in order to set up the 3 position flight mode stick for flap presets?
I want to disable the flap knob, and just have the flaps set to neutral on one position of the switch, the next position for take off and the third position for landing. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
It is a 4 servo wing - 2 for flaps and 2 for ailerons.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2007, 12:04 PM
Registered Taranis User
Plug your left flap servo into channel 6 and your right flap servo into channel 7. To prevent over-travel, keep the plane turned off until step 3 in the Function Menu is done.

In the System Menu:
  1. Set Type SEL to GLID. (See the note at the bottom.)
  2. Under Wing Type, set DUAL FLAP to ACT.
  3. Set FLAP IN. to FLP.SW+P6.

In the Function Menu:
  1. Under D/FLAP T. set POT.6 and POT.7 to INH. (You'll probably want to do the same for POT.5, which adjusts the ailerons.)
  2. Under TRVL ADJ. set the FLAP and AUX2 channels to low values to start off. Use the flap switch to switch between U, D, +, and - settings for each channel.
  3. Check the MONIT screen to verify that the flap switch works as expected. Remember that bars on the screen moving in opposite directions correspond to flaps moving in the same direction.
  4. Turn on the plane, try the flap switch, and use REV.SW to reverse channels 6 (FLAP) and 7 (AUX2) as necessary.
  5. Your three flap positions should be in order from highest to lowest. First set the flap switch to the center position and use Sub Trim to adjust the flaps to the desired position for that switch setting, using the FLAP and AUX2 settings.
  6. Under TRVL ADJ. set the flap positions for the other two flap switch positions.

I think that covers everything. Please let me know if there are any errors in this procedure so that I can correct them for next time.

Added note: Although you might not be flying a glider, in cases where you have two aileron and two flap servos it's still a good idea to use the XP8103's GLID mode. This is from the top of Section 19, Programming Guide ó JR XP8103, on page 60 of the Ultra Stick .60 Instruction Manual, available at http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...350-manual.pdf and http://www.hangar-9.com/ProdInfo/Fil...350-manual.pdf.
Quote:
Note: Most of the quad flap features needed for the Ultra Stick are already preprogrammed in the glider (referred to as GLID) software included in the XP8103. While the Ultra Stickô 60 is not a glider, there are several built-in features in the glider programming that make quad flap easier to program and use. We strongly suggest using the GLID model type programming thatís included in these radios.
I wrote the summary above without referring to this document, so you might want to compare their method to mine. I think they're virtually the same.
Last edited by Miami Mike; Sep 09, 2007 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Modified step 5 and added the quote from the Ultra Stick manual.
Sep 09, 2007, 06:22 PM
kkw
kkw
Thank you Mike. Let's see if this does the trick.

regards.
Oct 09, 2017, 11:32 PM
Maimi Mike, are you still out there? I need additional help on this answer that you furnished this flyer. I used your method and it worked fine. However my plane has retracts and in the glider mode, the retract channel is now the Rt Aileron channel.... and the retracts react with the ailerons.....:-) I have literally spent hours trying to figure this out. I have the JR XP8103 Heli version. I just cannot accept that fact that one cannot use the dual flap function and still have the retracts work properly...! If you are still out there, please give me a shout.
Oct 09, 2017, 11:43 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief101
Maimi Mike, are you still out there? I need additional help on this answer that you furnished this flyer. I used your method and it worked fine. However my plane has retracts and in the glider mode, the retract channel is now the Rt Aileron channel.... and the retracts react with the ailerons.....:-) I have literally spent hours trying to figure this out. I have the JR XP8103 Heli version. I just cannot accept that fact that one cannot use the dual flap function and still have the retracts work properly...! If you are still out there, please give me a shout.
You'll need to plug the retracts into a different channel, with an 8ch receiver you should have a leftover Aux channel that can be reused for gear (your motor is probably on 5 , so use 8 for your gear.)
Oct 12, 2017, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the reply, MAWZ. Just to let you know, I had tried plugging in the retracts into the 8th channel (Aux 3) but I was trying to operate the retracts using the Aux 3 "Knob". Nowhere in the manual could I find any mention that in the Glider Mode, the retract control "Switch" is transferred to channel 8 (Aux 3). &%%^&&*((&^^&%$^^&&!!!!
After reading your reply, I went back and tried it again....Still didn't work with the knobs! Just for the heck of it, I flipped the retract switch and the retracts worked perfectly. I have written a note in the Glider Mode set up, that if one is using this mode to set up dual flaps, and the model has retracts, the retract servo/s must be put into Channel (Aux 3).
Once again, thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. This solves my problem for the three other that I have needing this solution.
Chief101