Sep 07, 2007, 05:59 PM
Thread OP
Question

RC Soaring in Davenport, Iowa???

A co-worker and fellow glider guider has moved to Davenport, Iowa. Anyone know where they fly sailplanes at over there? Anyone have a point of contact?

Wes
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2007, 07:32 PM
Direct your friend to the Eastern Iowa Soaring Society (www.eiss.us). Lots of activity in the general area. Mike Fox, Terry Edmonds, Jim Porter, Russ Shaw immediately come to mind.

He will find he is also in range of Chicago, Madison, and St. Louis.

Have him PM me off line with contact info and I will forward it to Mike and Jim.

Jim Thomas
Sep 07, 2007, 07:54 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Jim.

I talked to Mike Fox years ago, so his name was in the back of my brain. Just wasn't sure how to contact him anymore.

We live near Chicago and have been flying there for many years with SOAR. My co-worker just transfered to the Quad Cities and was looking for some contacts.

Anyway, I relayed the info on. I got Mike's phone number off of their web site. It looks like terrific weather for flying this weekend, so hopefully he'll make contact and get over to their field. I know I'll be flying here in Chicago.

Thanks again.

Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlsf5
Direct your friend to the Eastern Iowa Soaring Society (www.eiss.us). Lots of activity in the general area. Mike Fox, Terry Edmonds, Jim Porter, Russ Shaw immediately come to mind.

He will find he is also in range of Chicago, Madison, and St. Louis.

Have him PM me off line with contact info and I will forward it to Mike and Jim.

Jim Thomas
Sep 07, 2007, 11:35 PM
Glad to help.
Jim

Quick Reply