This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 05, 2007, 08:47 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Parts is parts...

...so why do certain ones of great importance always seem to be on backorder?

Wouldn't you know it.

All the parts for my HPI Savage 25 came in today as did my Hitec GS-81 servo gears and FlyZone Cessna 182 Skylane main gear. It turns out that I had landing gear for my combat plane right under my nose; I cannibalized the Skylane park flyer for its aluminum main gear. Perfect fit. Two DU-BRO Ultra Lite wheels which I had on hand and one DU-BRO micro tail skid later, that combat plane now does perfect ROG's, at least from a dirt runway. It wanted to pirouette on the club's asphalt runway, so I may experiment with installing a steerable tailwheel. Three channel plane, four channel radio! Anyway, it was worth the $14 it cost me to replace the thing (complete with wheels, hardware and wheel fairings), especially since I was planning on doing so anyway after it got tweaked in a crash some months ago and never did fit right since. That's the good news.

The servo gears for the GWS Naro Pico servo I need for the throttle of my Raiden Tech Zero Fighter-25 didn't. They're on backorder, for cryin' out loud. Either there are a lot of people stripping gears or those servos have lousy gears that need replacing often. I haven't used them long enough to give an opinion either way.

I could have lived without the parts for the Savage, but doggone it, I need those servo gears, especially since I'll be writing a review.

I guess it won't be a total loss. I can now rebuild the Hitec aileron servos which means I can assemble the wing and photograph its progress at the same time.

The hobby shop promised to look into exactly how long the backorder will last; I'll know by Friday. If it'll be too long, I'll simply get a new servo.

Which I'll have to order.

The hobby shop is out of stock...
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Sep 19, 2007 at 08:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply