This thread is privately moderated by Stuart Warne, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 29, 2007, 02:14 PM
MotionRC Europe
Thread OP
Discussion

Old Warden Scale Day July 2007

So here are some pictures of Old Warden Scale show in England in late July this year. Old Warden is a fantastically atmospheric aerodrome from before WW2. During WW2 it was an active fighter command base and now is home to the Shuttle Worth collection of Vintage civil and warbird type from the early to mid 2oth century.

Anyway the show. It was really a rather good event, not as many flyers/spectators as I (or the traders for that matter) would have liked but pleasant all the same. Scale models, yes all were. Electric?, well lets just say there wasn't enough electric models for an electric flying slot so most of the time the few e-flyers that were there had to mix it up with the IC boys and weather was fare and it didn't rain (it was drying to though) and the air was mostly good apart from the turbulence come off the top of the near by tree's and rolling down to just after the take off area, that was fun at times

I took along my Alfa P47, FW190 and Mig 15 to fly. The P47 AND 190 flew very well and as a nice little touch for the end of the day I had the honor of the last flight of the day when everyone had all but packed up. Much to my surprise after a fantastically enjoyable final flight with my FW190 I landed nicely to be greeted by a small audience on the crowd line (that had sneakily gathered whilst I was up in the clouds) clamping in appreciation, that was very touching and appreciated, though some what embarrassingly

The mig however never flew. I had taken it there unflown but planned to finish what few adjustments I had left to do at the field and test fly it there. Frustratingly at the time (though thankfully on reflection) due to and aileron issue (now fixed) I didn't fly the Mig. But I can tell you it is now firmly my favorite model, but more on that in my next blog entry.

So below are some pictures of the day of my own and other models of interest. Please also note the pictures of Phillip Noels B25. I had the honor (and pain, I stupidly caught my finger in the prop on the first launch of the day ). This model really does fly as well as it looks, and as difficult as it turned out to be, we did try and fly in some kind of formation (me on the P47 and he on the B25) we dubious results but fun all the same.

As usual any questions then please ask. and thank you for reading.

Stuart.
Last edited by Stuart Warne; Aug 30, 2007 at 02:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2007, 05:55 PM
The sky is my playground.
Awesome Stuart! Any chance I can get a Hi-res copy of the second FW-190. Why the walk of shame? What camera was used?
Aug 29, 2007, 08:22 PM
Excellent photographs and great entry! Thank you for sharing!
Aug 30, 2007, 03:13 AM
MotionRC Europe
Thread OP
Hey guys, glad you liked the entry.

Dora: Yes, I can send you a hi-res image tonight, happy to. The walk of shame, well the battery ran flat and I couldn't quite stretch it out to the landing strip and ended up in the long stuff Camera, its a Canon 20D DSLR with a Canon 100-400mm image stabilizing lens, its about two foot long and cost double that of the camera!, but the results are good. Itís my stepfathers and he mostly takes the shots, though most of the other model pictures are mine.

I'll be at another electric fly-in on the 9th Sept, so I'll post another report then if the weather plays ball.

Stuart.

Quick Reply