Jul 18, 2010, 05:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmcn_3
Not to the extent of V2.0. Heading prop band, SET line $36 is the only AUTO tuning parameter in V1.9.

Chris
Chris is correct but I am getting back on RCGroups once more, before burying myself in work, to add and clarify a bit.

Navigation: because of the LQR type methods, "Heading Prop Band" is not exactly just auto-calc'd... it is dead and gone. The new method doesn't work this way and doesn't need Heading Proportional band. So Chris is 100% correct in the sense that it is not in the current SET file for V2.0 and V3.0.

D Wheel: Your V1.9 firmware does indeed have some advances related to the new navigation... but a more primitive version. Additionally the loiter circle methods in V1.9 are not "all they can be" and this is another thing addressed in new methods too. In short, the V2.0 navigates significantly better than the V1.9 and V1.8, better because self adjusting for wind plus a new method.
Last edited by dmgoedde; Jul 19, 2010 at 12:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2010, 06:47 PM
Old Fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmcn_3
Not to the extent of V2.0. Heading prop band, SET line $36 is the only AUTO tuning parameter in V1.9.

Chris
Thanks.

Later;

D.W.
Aug 11, 2010, 03:00 PM
Old Fart
Where can I get a copy of the v1.9 ground station software? My older version doesn't work correctly with this one.

Later;

D.W.
Aug 11, 2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_wheel
Where can I get a copy of the v1.9 ground station software? My older version doesn't work correctly with this one.

Later;

D.W.
D.W.
Its getting worked on as we speak, ill let you know when its done

Max
Aug 11, 2010, 08:46 PM
Old Fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU
D.W.
Its getting worked on as we speak, ill let you know when its done

Max
Thanks!

Later;

D.W.
Aug 11, 2010, 09:51 PM
is there a 1.8 version being worked on anywhere?

Steve
Aug 11, 2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg
is there a 1.8 version being worked on anywhere?

Steve
Yes but already works with V1.8... The update is cleaner gages and proper placement.
Aug 11, 2010, 10:14 PM
forgive me being so out of the loop as I don't know where I am supposed to find out about updates etc.... where do I download the new gcs?
Aug 11, 2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
forgive me being so out of the loop as I don't know where I am supposed to find out about updates etc.... where do I download the new gcs?
GCS software is available in the customer section of the website, new software will be there once its ready.
Aug 12, 2010, 07:27 PM
ok so looks like the website has changed since I was there last... how do I go about getting my log in and password?

I assume that's what you mean by the customer section....

Steve
Aug 13, 2010, 12:37 AM
Quote:
ok so looks like the website has changed since I was there last... how do I go about getting my log in and password?

I assume that's what you mean by the customer section....

Steve
Hi Steve,
PM sent.
Aug 13, 2010, 01:22 AM
What has happened to Attopilot.com?

All I get is an expired domain page !!

IS there another URL or am I missing something?
Aug 13, 2010, 02:10 AM
It has changed - check out

http://www.attopilotinternational.com/

/Bjorn
Aug 13, 2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboland
What has happened to Attopilot.com?

All I get is an expired domain page !!

IS there another URL or am I missing something?
Domain is being transfered, should be back up very shortly.
Aug 19, 2010, 02:52 PM
Hi Dean,

I was talking to a helicopter pilot this afternoon at the field. He put a "flybarless" system on his helicopter. This stuff has gyrometers and accelerometers, a sort of IMU.

I am asking myself : would a simple fly-by-wire system be interesting (market) for airplanes ?

For example: the elevator stick becomes a normal acceleration command (body z acceleration) as they have on real figthers. The aileron stick becomes a rate of bank command (roll rate), and when the rate of bank is equal to zero (when the stick is released) then the actual bank angle is kept.
This would allow very clean aerobatics.

You would need the IMU for attitude estimation as well as the z accelerometer (az) input and the rate of bank (p) input as well.
You would need the pitot because all the gains depend upon the dynamic pressure of course. (You want the same roll rate for every airspeed).

You could also have a "rookie mode", such that the bank angle would gradually come back to zero if the aileron stick is released, and the altitude would also settle to a constant value if the elevator stick is released (you would also need the barometric altitude in that case).

The yaw axis would be damped and so the plane would avoid "snaking" (a lot of airplanes experience these oscillations on the dutch roll mode).

What do you think ?

-Paul
Last edited by Paul_BB; Aug 19, 2010 at 03:06 PM.

Quick Reply