Aug 26, 2007, 08:20 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Syma Abraham 606 2ch Heli

I have the Syma 606 Abraham 2 channel heli, and although I'm sure there'll be a barrage of sneering from all those with "proper" helis, me and my little boy get loads of fun from our 19 quid all in copter, despite the obvious control issues with only 2 channels!!! However, bits do keep breaking, and Ebay parts are few and far between and a bit pricey. Does anyone know if spares can be obtained anywhere else, or if any other heli brands share the same tail rotor as the 606? The Walkera tail rotor blades look very similar, as do the Syma 603 blades.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2007, 05:11 PM
innocent victim
thats the thing with these helis, they are disposable, you break it, you buy another, etc.
Aug 26, 2007, 11:02 PM
I believe many of the parts are interchangable with the Picoo Z - you could try here:

Silverlit Toys
20803 Valley Blvd. Ste.#109
Walnut Ca. 91789

or contact:

Mary Lou Ruiz 1-800-707-1159

Here is the price list, prices include USA shipping

Main Motor #M11893 [email protected]
Tail Motor #M11898 [email protected]
LIPO Battery #M11897 [email protected]
Tail Rotor #AA85615070 [email protected] or [email protected] for 12 or more
Main Rotor (no part# yet) [email protected]
TX #S85713 $25.00
Aug 26, 2007, 11:21 PM
innocent victim
I think this is the much bigger 2ch that he has, not the small piccoZ types
Aug 27, 2007, 01:58 PM
Thread OP

Yeah, its the bigger one, actually looks and sounds like a heli, hopefully here's a pic!
Aug 27, 2007, 02:36 PM
innocent victim
yeah, the same as these
Aug 27, 2007, 06:45 PM
Thread OP

re 606

Thanks for the pic Blade_Killer, that one looks remarkably similar apart from the main gear diameter, I suppose I should assume that the Syma 606 is a chinese clone of something official given its price. Do you have a brand for the one in the pic? I can make out "Fly" but thats all.
Aug 27, 2007, 08:19 PM
innocent victim
thats the Syma dragon fly but there are several that are the same. "A dime a dozen" as they say, these are break and forget toys, you just buy a new one.
I happen to have a few parts for one I used to have, if you were close by I'd give em to you.
Aug 28, 2007, 04:16 AM
Thread OP

I can see your point, in relation to spending hundreds of $ or on a really good heli, maybe these are comparitively disposable but I still wouldn't want to throw something away for the sake of a small part. Would you say these are a false economy then, and I'm better off spending a bit more and getting, say, a Walkera, which probably has spares available down to the last screw?

I'll probably always stick to smaller electric helis, given the time, space and finances I can justify for a toy. Which they ALL are really, toys for overgrown boys...
Aug 28, 2007, 08:10 AM
BeeZaur 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarsh16
I can see your point, in relation to spending hundreds of $ or on a really good heli, maybe these are comparitively disposable but I still wouldn't want to throw something away for the sake of a small part. Would you say these are a false economy then, and I'm better off spending a bit more and getting, say, a Walkera, which probably has spares available down to the last screw?

I'll probably always stick to smaller electric helis, given the time, space and finances I can justify for a toy. Which they ALL are really, toys for overgrown boys...
Get an e-sky before a walkera.

Ive been down the 2ch road and i had the same problem as you with parts. Some of the 2 channel helis are built better then others but the parts they usualy sell are for the lower end helis. If you do get parts you will probobly get lower quality versions.

The 4channel micro helis are the same if not cheaper for parts and are easyer to get.

Get somthing like an e-sky lama or a blade CX to fly as a stepping stone to the single rotor micro. The double rotor type fly slow and are really easy to learn with. They are very forgiving and small enough to fly indoors

If you have a local hobby store see what they sell parts for and get somthing similar.

One thing i found that may help you decide is that in this hobby, almost anything you get (other then the 2channel helis) you can get most of your money back selling it used. If you get one of the helis people recomend round here (becuse they are good) you can fly it till you get good with it, then sell it get most of your money back and go to the next type
Aug 28, 2007, 09:15 AM
Thread OP
Well, I've had a few helis, Bladerunner, Picco Z, Micro Mosquito & a few clones, having limited myself to indoor flying, but found all these to be by definition so fragile & light they lasted no more than weeks or even days. Not good value for money IMHO, and something like the Micro Mosquito actually costs more retail than an Esky Lama on Ebay!

So, I decided to go outdoors, my first outdoor heli is the Syma 606, it looks like a heli, sounds like one, flies like - well, flies where it likes really, which causes most of the breakages, it heads for a wall and there's not much you can do. But, it was only 19 so a reasonable start to outdoor flying. It certainly has opened the door to more channels, thats for sure....

Will follow up on the Esky and Blades, thanks for the advice!!!
Aug 28, 2007, 01:26 PM
innocent victim
I agree with BowerR64, a nice coaxle would be a great start and sounds about right for what your intrests are at this time.

Quick Reply