This thread is privately moderated by cynjon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 19, 2007, 03:57 PM
Retired USAF
Thread OP
Gallery

Multiplex Twister

Here's some pics of my newest addition...the Multiplex Twister. I managed to snag this as part of a batch that Randy at Dynamo Electrics (Termite on RCG) managed to import...glad I didn't have to wait for Tower Hobbies to get their act together! Thanks Randy!

Build is pretty stock...added a high-vis paint scheme and the cool clear canopy conversion that "Sparks" at ParkFlyer Plastics put together. I think it really completes the look of the Twister and makes it appear much more "scale".

Stock power system draws 36A on 3S lipo...probably won't be a speed demon, but hey! That's what MicroJets are for, right?
Last edited by cynjon; Aug 26, 2007 at 09:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2007, 09:52 PM
Now that's a nice paint job! So how does it fly? Does it drop like a brick when you cut the engine?
Aug 21, 2007, 10:00 PM
Retired USAF
Thread OP
Thanks! Nothing fancy but it definitely makes it more visible...

I have only flown it once, and it was almost too dark to be flying so it was a short flight. I made 3 landing approaches...the first was just to see how well it slowed down. Satisfied with that, I tried to make an actual landing approach. The approach was a little hot but I noticed a bit of tendency to get a bit of aileron rock when it gets slow. I went around rather than risk a long landing and nailed the third approach. As long as you keep the speed up, it is very docile and predictible...but it lands a little faster than I expected.

Before I fly it again, I'm going to dial in a little more expo (I think I was at -15%) and decrease aileron throws to decrease the roll twitchiness.
Aug 27, 2007, 07:21 AM
Shadowhawk

Freakin Awesome!

Awesome job, dude!

I saw that plane in a recent article in FLYRC and thought how cool it would be to get one. I need to develop my skills first...

-J.Mosh

Quick Reply