Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Aug 19, 2007, 05:51 AM
Find More Posts by Peter Seddon
Discussion

Goggles and Headtracker

There are a number of headtrackers that connect via the training port to Futaba transmitters. But how when using them do you connect a safety pilot who is not wearing goggles, as the training port is occupied?

regards Peter
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2007, 06:25 AM
Find More Posts by camship
Resistance is Futile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Seddon
There are a number of headtrackers that connect via the training port to Futaba transmitters. But how when using them do you connect a safety pilot who is not wearing goggles, as the training port is occupied?

regards Peter
The only one I have tried doing that with is the TrackR1 from Aeropix. You have to make your own connector/adapter.

Camship
Old Aug 19, 2007, 07:35 AM
Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Quote:
Originally Posted by camship
The only one I have tried doing that with is the TrackR1 from Aeropix. You have to make your own connector/adapter.

Camship
It's worth mentioning that AnthonyRC who makes the TrackR1 has been working on something to do the job. AFAIK some units are being beta tested last I heard (or think I heard)

Really a neat addition. I've taken off and accidentally crossed the flight line in seconds while tryin to get my orientation. You would think that you could just take off in a straight line, but on a windy day that doesn't always happen.

Pete
Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by Peter Seddon
Camship - are you suggesting switching the trainer port from the headtarcker to the safety pilots transmitter or is there some way of leaving the safety transmitter permanetly connected?

Peter