This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 17, 2007, 06:14 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Just too funny.

While it's true that those of us who fiddle with R/C models occasionally get bitten by them (and I have scars on my right forearm to prove it), I may be one of the first...if not the first...to twist an ankle because of a model plane.

Thought I'd fly the combat plane one last time before dissecting it in order to add the landing gear. So, I wound up to do a "Hail Mary" throw with the thing...one, two, three steps forward...and my right foot came down wrong on a clump of crabgrass. Might have been the same clump that hung up the P-47 on landing the other day.

Time to do some weeding. Sweet revenge.

I almost forgot: I've mounted the new engine on "Project Zero," but hoo boy, do I still have a lot of work to do.

The engine is mounted on its new nylon mount in exactly the same place that the thing would have been mounted on the wooden mounts, but I had to trim the fuse to clear the muffler and (sadly) had to cut open one whole side of the cowl to accomodate same. After all that work to repair it, too. Thought I was gonna cry. Oh, I knew I'd have to trim that part, but it didn't make it any easier.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Aug 17, 2007 at 08:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply