Fowler flaps - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Aug 15, 2007, 01:06 AM
Registered User
flyhawk's Avatar
Discussion

Fowler flaps


Hi guys,
A need advice, How can I made fowler flaps on model? Thanks for helpness.

Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2007, 01:21 AM
Registered User
Oooh, a fowler flap, that's going to be tricky. Here's something that may interest you, I have not made any myself but these should help:
http://www.djaerotech.com/dj_askjd/d...wlerflaps.html
http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl327225/ta400a3.html
Aug 15, 2007, 11:12 AM
Registered User
I've been playing with Fowler flaps for a while now and have come up with a setup I think will work. It's a track system that uses a torque rod for the actuator. With this setup there are two rods going back to push the flap out evenly so it won't hang up on the way down, and if you get the linkage right it will lock over-center at full deflection reducing the load on the servo.
I haven't flight tested this yet so who knows if it will work!

Paul
Aug 15, 2007, 04:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhawk
Hi guys,
A need advice, How can I made fowler flaps on model? Thanks for helpness.
Fowler Flap - designs and hinges.
Split Flap connections and control
DIY Fowler Flap Hinges
Robart Fowler Flap Hinges & Instalation
H9 Corsair flaps build
more information under "Aircraft Design. Airfoils, Pull-Pull Systems, Flight Trim & Static Thrust Calculator" on my web page.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Aug 16, 2007, 01:32 AM
Registered User
flyhawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2727
I've been playing with Fowler flaps for a while now and have come up with a setup I think will work. It's a track system that uses a torque rod for the actuator. With this setup there are two rods going back to push the flap out evenly so it won't hang up on the way down, and if you get the linkage right it will lock over-center at full deflection reducing the load on the servo.
I haven't flight tested this yet so who knows if it will work!

Paul
Hi Paul,
Do you have some drawings of your flaps?
Aug 16, 2007, 01:33 AM
Registered User
flyhawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.
Fowler Flap - designs and hinges.
Split Flap connections and control
DIY Fowler Flap Hinges
Robart Fowler Flap Hinges & Instalation
H9 Corsair flaps build
more information under "Aircraft Design. Airfoils, Pull-Pull Systems, Flight Trim & Static Thrust Calculator" on my web page.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Thanks, I will check all this link. I hope that I find what I need


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How about Fowler Flaps Immelmann Power Systems 8 Nov 01, 2009 05:09 PM
Modified Fowler Flaps W/ Le Slats BeanerECMO The Builders Workshop 2 May 26, 2005 08:25 PM
Fowler flaps, airbrakes, servos and my mental health... SeditiousCanary Thermal 3 Feb 04, 2004 09:54 PM
fowler flaps How to frankenfoamy Electric Plane Talk 5 May 05, 2003 02:38 PM
Fowler flaps for Aeronaut CL-415 Immelmann Scale Kit/Scratch Built 0 Dec 14, 2002 02:22 PM