E-Sky Lama V4 Resource Thread - Parts, Mods., Tuning, Upgrades, Etc. - Page 590 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
May 08, 2011, 08:18 AM
Holy atomic pile, Batman!
Steppenwolf's Avatar
That's a sweet looking heli Cabman...Nice job.

Welcome to the madness. I have a Lama V3 that is upgraded with Xtreme stuff. I'm now getting in to the UM planes...go figure.

Mark
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2011, 09:11 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Yes, Cabman, we're interested. That's a nice looking heli. I see MANY home-made parts on it.
I like to fly my stuff right in my yard so I'm not packing everything up to go somewhere else. That's why I put out the link on the post before yours about the micro planes. Without getting too far off the subject, I'd like to see some of yours.
In reading a review of the Eflite Beast micro plane, I noticed it says it has a 180 brushless motor. If we go with the assumption that 180 here is 180 elsewhere, wouldn't they work on our Lama 4's and CX2's?
Last edited by kodak_jack; May 08, 2011 at 09:37 AM.
May 08, 2011, 01:58 PM
Visit My Blog
Stamp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman1969
Ok guys , about three weeks ago the guy across the street gave me his lama V4. I'm personally not a heli guy, I do micro planes. Design and build and customize existing designs to my liking.
The V4 I got had no mods and was pretty badly beat up, I finished it off by crashing and breaking the skids. I flew horribly and It flew horribly, cheap china blades were out of balance, flybar bent, adjusted wrong... ect. So I went to work. I did a little research, ordered some parts, scrounged up some of my own bits and created this little beauty. I've even mounted a keychain cam under the nose. Perfectly balanced, flies like a dream. She hovered perfectly after 1 trim adjustment.
Other than the tiny cheap infrared ones this is the first heli I have ever dealt with or flown.
My thanks goes out to all you guys who put this thread together!!!
P.S. I made my own battery tray/tail boom assembly and have a pattern if anyone is interested.
Very nice heli Cabman,

Looks very stealth. Nice way to cover up the minicam.
I really like that look.
*
*
*
Also,
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers.

Be good,
Jim
May 08, 2011, 03:26 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman1969
Ok guys , about three weeks ago the guy across the street gave me his lama V4. I'm personally not a heli guy, I do micro planes. Design and build and customize existing designs to my liking.
The V4 I got had no mods and was pretty badly beat up, I finished it off by crashing and breaking the skids. I flew horribly and It flew horribly, cheap china blades were out of balance, flybar bent, adjusted wrong... ect. So I went to work. I did a little research, ordered some parts, scrounged up some of my own bits and created this little beauty. I've even mounted a keychain cam under the nose. Perfectly balanced, flies like a dream. She hovered perfectly after 1 trim adjustment.
Other than the tiny cheap infrared ones this is the first heli I have ever dealt with or flown.
My thanks goes out to all you guys who put this thread together!!!
P.S. I made my own battery tray/tail boom assembly and have a pattern if anyone is interested.
Very nice job! I really like the stealth look. What/how did you make the canopy from? It looks easy to get into it. Please do post the pattern.
Thanks,

Buzz
May 08, 2011, 06:51 PM
Registered User
nasgul's Avatar
hey cabman, cool heli, dare i say it?........ very much the 'mad max' look, which i do like a lot!!!!!
May 08, 2011, 09:34 PM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
mountainsax's Avatar
Cabman, are those Skytec upper and lower rotors and swash?

Sweet heli!
May 08, 2011, 10:07 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
GRUMPEE's Avatar
+1

I agree with the others very nice cabman. Would like to see pix of your setup sans canopy
May 08, 2011, 10:10 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
GRUMPEE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
That's a sweet looking heli Cabman...Nice job.

Welcome to the madness. I have a Lama V3 that is upgraded with Xtreme stuff. I'm now getting in to the UM planes...go figure.

Mark

I still fly my V3 occasionally, My HBFP V2 o the weekends, but lately I've been getting into UM planes also. My favorite flier at the moment is the Ember 2. On a perfect no or little wind day, I can keep it up in the air at 50+ feet slow flying with the throttle at 1/4 for 15 minutes
May 09, 2011, 04:26 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
I still fly my V3 occasionally, My HBFP V2 o the weekends, but lately I've been getting into UM planes also. My favorite flier at the moment is the Ember 2. On a perfect no or little wind day, I can keep it up in the air at 50+ feet slow flying with the throttle at 1/4 for 15 minutes
Can't see it from here! Can it be flown in your yard or do you have to pack it up and take it to a big area?
May 09, 2011, 07:15 AM
Registered User
cabman1969's Avatar
Hi guys, thanks for all the good comments. If you want to see my micro plane hanger just look at my blog, I've got a lot of proud work there.

I'll get together a plan pattern for the boom mount and canopy. Believe it or not the canopy is made from a plastic folder!!!! I'll post soon..
Thanks again guys!!

By the way nasgul Thanks for the idea "Mad Max" or "Black Max" will be her new name...
Last edited by cabman1969; May 09, 2011 at 07:46 AM.
May 09, 2011, 08:20 AM
Registered User
nasgul's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman1969
Hi guys, thanks for all the good comments. If you want to see my micro plane hanger just look at my blog, I've got a lot of proud work there.

I'll get together a plan pattern for the boom mount and canopy. Believe it or not the canopy is made from a plastic folder!!!! I'll post soon..
Thanks again guys!!

By the way nasgul Thanks for the idea "Mad Max" or "Black Max" will be her new name...
anytime cabman! she reminded me of the interceptor car from the film!
May 10, 2011, 06:47 AM
Registered User
nasgul's Avatar
little update on my lama, got cheesed off with the flybar, so decided to do something creative.
got some curtis youngblood 2mm flybar weights, and fitted them to the xtreme led flybar. took the plastic led/end off, and used some kyosho mini-z/x-mods wheelnuts on the threaded part, so that even if the weights come loose, the nut prevents it from flying off and hitting the cat/missus/ming vase, ect!
the nuts are nylock, with a touch of threadlock added, just in case! done ok i think?
May 10, 2011, 11:13 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasgul
little update on my lama, got cheesed off with the flybar, so decided to do something creative.
got some curtis youngblood 2mm flybar weights, and fitted them to the xtreme led flybar. took the plastic led/end off, and used some kyosho mini-z/x-mods wheelnuts on the threaded part, so that even if the weights come loose, the nut prevents it from flying off and hitting the cat/missus/ming vase, ect!
the nuts are nylock, with a touch of threadlock added, just in case! done ok i think?
Sure looks smart, how's the performance now?
May 10, 2011, 11:31 AM
Registered User
nasgul's Avatar
it handles very well now, and still responsive on the controls. set the swash rods onto the 3rd hole on the servo arms so much better response! i did move the weights inboard a little more, better for outside methinks. total cost of mod was a measly 2, lol.
May 10, 2011, 12:41 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasgul
it handles very well now, and still responsive on the controls. set the swash rods onto the 3rd hole on the servo arms so much better response! i did move the weights inboard a little more, better for outside methinks. total cost of mod was a measly 2, lol.
Sure, but what do you do if you DONT have most of the parts already lying around at home and only need to get the weights (or maybe you had the weights lying around too and the 2 pounds (sorry, I dont find that character on my keybord) were for the 2 Nylock nuts ...

Nice mod, but it should be added that for anyone who has to buy those parts, the cost will be FAR more than the 2 pounds ....

E2
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Lama parts. Xtreme tial/blades/etc. GFBurke Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Feb 14, 2007 05:58 PM
Found WANTED: CORONA PARTS , NEW, USED, UPGRADES, etc... setting up for Nephew kookboy Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Jan 07, 2007 02:26 AM