Sep 18, 2007, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdog7
Nope, you only need the inner shaft. That's it. It's a very easy upgrade. Just undo the bottom collar on the bottom where the gears are. Pop off the bottom gear and then pull the inner shaft out from the top of the heli. Just make sure that when you reinstall the bottom collar that the grub screw hits the flat spot on the innershaft bottom.
Thanks for the information!!!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2007, 12:55 PM
LAMA V4 & Honeybee FP FTW
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP4+1
Some say they are good, but I still have my stock stabilizer, and my helicopters fly great. The more one messes with these little helicopters, seems the more trouble they have with them.
That hasn't been my experience at allow. I think the secret to doing the upgrades is having restraint. Do one upgrade at a time and keep tuning the heli as you go. Add an upgrade, tune it, run a few batteries through it. Are you happy? Run some more batteries through it. THEN do the next upgrade. Rinse and repeat. For me the only tweaks I ever needed between upgrades are simple swashplate leveling (I only eyeball it, it's quite easy) or adjusting the proportion on the 4 in 1 to correct spin. Both are very simple. I think that if you tear the thing down and add 20 new parts at once you are doomed. Upgrade one part at a time. I did it this way and my V4 has gotten better and better along the way.
Sep 18, 2007, 02:08 PM
I am new to this group so forgive me if this question is stupid. I saw the other day a thread that listed on-line stores for buying RC helicopter parts/upgrades etc. I can't find it again. Anyone know where it is?
Sep 18, 2007, 02:13 PM
This one?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709229

-JT
Sep 18, 2007, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtspin

That's it! Cheers!!
Sep 18, 2007, 07:18 PM
Ok so the problem with my heli (spinning around but not tbe) is the 4n1. At least I think. To confirm this I'm going to plug in my friends v3 4n1 and see if it's works ok and then...... SHOPPING SPREE!!!! xtreme parts bcx tail boom and landing gear etc, but first things first... (I like smilies...)
Sep 18, 2007, 10:18 PM
Everybody has my curiosity up. I have lengthened my servo arms and am enjoying the added speed and maneuverability. Other than that my v4 is stock and I'm not having problems breaking or hitting anything, including rotors. I'd like to see video of the maneuvers that you guys are doing that is so aggressive to cause this. So come on guys, here's your chance to put on a show, lets see some video.
Sep 19, 2007, 06:41 AM
how do you modify a flybar
Sep 19, 2007, 08:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMRTIC
Everybody has my curiosity up. I have lengthened my servo arms and am enjoying the added speed and maneuverability. Other than that my v4 is stock and I'm not having problems breaking or hitting anything, including rotors. I'd like to see video of the maneuvers that you guys are doing that is so aggressive to cause this. So come on guys, here's your chance to put on a show, lets see some video.
Mine strike if I make really fast turns. As for the video... Yes, I know! I need to make a video. I need to train my 9 year old or my wife to use my DV camera first.
Sep 19, 2007, 08:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeth
how do you modify a flybar
How do you want to modify it? You can shorten the stock one or remove the weights. I think you're better off buying the shortened one mentioned on the first post of this thread. It's inexpensive and easy.
Sep 19, 2007, 09:01 AM
Sorry to repeat my question from the previous page, but I'm thinking about placing an order and was hoping to get some input. Has anyone looked at the carbon fiber boom for the V4 that Stateline Hobbies is offering? Is it the new model he was talking about? Will it address the various modding/sagging issues and offer the best solution? Pricy at $30 bills, but free shipping.

Thanks,
Misfire
Sep 19, 2007, 10:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire
Sorry to repeat my question from the previous page, but I'm thinking about placing an order and was hoping to get some input. Has anyone looked at the carbon fiber boom for the V4 that Stateline Hobbies is offering? Is it the new model he was talking about? Will it address the various modding/sagging issues and offer the best solution? Pricy at $30 bills, but free shipping.

Thanks,
Misfire
It's the same tail that he has always been selling. I have one and like it. It does sag but can be corrected with piano wire or by propping it up. I do recommend the tail, it's light weight.

Also, check his ebay auctions. I paid $18.00 for mine with free shipping.
Sep 19, 2007, 04:36 PM
Hey, just coming back into flying my heli again, have lost none of my skills after about 5 months! The modded v4 helis on here are excellent well done.

I was really impressed with Redlofs extreme v4 so thought i'd go for it with my own heli.

Needs some tidying with paint etc, and have plans for a carbon fiber arrow for the boom with some fins off my apache fuse.

It flies better than standard with a longer flight time (xtra 1-2 mins) and managed to land it on a 30cm table on first flight.
Sep 20, 2007, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdog7
How do you want to modify it? You can shorten the stock one or remove the weights. I think you're better off buying the shortened one mentioned on the first post of this thread. It's inexpensive and easy.

Blkdog,
Shorten it, I already removed the weights and it maneuvers faster but it still hits the blades when I suddenly jerk it. The stock flybar has U shapes on both ends, I'm thinking cutting them off, will the heli still be stable to fly?
Sep 20, 2007, 04:20 AM
how do you minimize interference? when my tx is turned off my servos jitters, it goes up and down like crazy. sometimes the motors turns on too by itself.

Quick Reply