Thread Tools
Feb 05, 2008, 11:42 PM
Registered User
what i do is i just press a little in the opposite direction while i fly i also used the trim slider on thebottom but that doesnt do much in keeping it straight.

btw i want to know what does the TRN stick do to the lama? on the upper right side.

pix of my lama




Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2008, 03:08 AM
Registered User
Hey guys I saw a link to a mod here the other day for a carbon fiber flybar. It was using carbon fiber rod with a hub that allowed the rods to be replaced somewhat. I am trying to find where I can get the hub and CF rods from.
Feb 06, 2008, 09:28 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipmcSpanky
Hey guys I saw a link to a mod here the other day for a carbon fiber flybar. It was using carbon fiber rod with a hub that allowed the rods to be replaced somewhat. I am trying to find where I can get the hub and CF rods from.
http://www.bladecx2.com/upgrade_parts3.html

I think you can find the CF flybar here.

hope it helps.
Feb 06, 2008, 10:44 AM
AKA Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by skl1cent
what i do is i just press a little in the opposite direction while i fly i also used the trim slider on thebottom but that doesnt do much in keeping it straight.

btw i want to know what does the TRN stick do to the lama? on the upper right side.

...
That is the training switch. It is only used when two transmitters are connected together. One is slave and one is master. Holding the switch on the master allow the slave to control. As soon as the switch is released the master is in control again.
Feb 06, 2008, 10:57 AM
AKA Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipmcSpanky
Hey guys I saw a link to a mod here the other day for a carbon fiber flybar. It was using carbon fiber rod with a hub that allowed the rods to be replaced somewhat. I am trying to find where I can get the hub and CF rods from.
I assume you want a cf flybar for a Lama:

The hub used with the carbon rod is here http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=1413

It is made to use two threaded steel rods. Some have epoxied cf rod in the hub. But that is user supplied material. As I remember the poster used two pieces and several of us suggested you might want to drill through the hub and use just one piece. That eliminates a lot of stress on the epoxied joints.

Don
Feb 06, 2008, 12:34 PM
Registered User
another satisfied lama owner here. Mine is currently down. Even with the trim, gain, and proportion maxed out it kept spinning CCW. I found that my inner shaft main gear had some shredded teeth. I assume this came from hitting things and coming to an abrupt stop while not releasing the throttle soon enough. Anyways I ordered the exxtreme gear form lamav4.com And since I was getting raped in shipping I went ahead and ordered the longer inner and outer shaft to see if it would make a difference. Ill post results when I get them!
Feb 06, 2008, 03:28 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Well my Deal Extreme Metal upgrade came today. I am one of the ones that ordered one before all the negative reports showed up.

The first thing I checked for was a bend shaft, it is perfectly straight. All the parts looked great but I will have to install them to find out how they fit.

One thing I noticed was that the swash plate was stiff and seemed off angle. I played around with it and put a few drops of fine oil on it and after a bit the stiffness was gone.

Reading through all the V3 and V4 threads I have found out that the biggest problem with lack of stability with the metal upgrades is that the flybar is not loose enough. Once the flybar is able to move freely the helis flew beautifully. Even the slightest drag or binding will cause the heli to become unstable.

I will not be able to put the parts in right away but I will report back once they are installed. One of my V3's has a couple of stripped teeth on the top gear so it will be the one to try it on.

I have 2 complete V3's and 2 barebones V3's so I have lots to keep me flying LOL.

Wonder how R_Andersen made out with Deal Extreme, things have been quiet there.
Feb 06, 2008, 03:47 PM
Registered User
i got some comming too (they shipped on the 3rd, how long did it take you to get yours?) as i said, if i only get a good swash plate then it will have been worth it.

anyone put in better servos, like the hitec hs50? i'm thinking loosing a few grams would be nice, but even nicer to have a faster servo...
Feb 06, 2008, 04:02 PM
Keep the Rotors Spinning!
hcopter51's Avatar
What would cause two new motors to run irregardless of tx throttle and trim setting? Both motors installed correctly, btw....Only way to stop the rotors is to unplug the battery....
Feb 06, 2008, 04:36 PM
I eat only vegetarian beef
Skycruiser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopter51
What would cause two new motors to run irregardless of tx throttle and trim setting? Both motors installed correctly, btw....Only way to stop the rotors is to unplug the battery....
Blown FETs in the 4 in 1 will do that. Do the old motors run ok in it?
Feb 06, 2008, 04:40 PM
Keep the Rotors Spinning!
hcopter51's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycruiser
Blown FETs in the 4 in 1 will do that. Do the old motors run ok in it?
The old motors gave up the ghost and do not run at all, that's why I replaced them with another set....I was afraid someone would say it's the 4 in 1 now....Thanks sky.....
Feb 06, 2008, 04:48 PM
AKA Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megah_man
... Even with the trim, gain, and proportion maxed out it kept spinning CCW. ...
It's hard to max out the gain cause the adjustment just goes around and round. at some poit it switches from max gain to min gain but it is impossible to telll where unless you inch up on it very slowly and keep adjusting and flying until you find it then you could backoff and be at near max gain. But if you go just a tweak too far your at min. gain.
Don
Feb 06, 2008, 04:51 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2mk3
i got some comming too (they shipped on the 3rd, how long did it take you to get yours?) as i said, if i only get a good swash plate then it will have been worth it.

anyone put in better servos, like the hitec hs50? i'm thinking loosing a few grams would be nice, but even nicer to have a faster servo...
Ordered on January 19, recieved on Febraury 6
Feb 06, 2008, 05:19 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
maximal's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megah_man
another satisfied lama owner here. Mine is currently down. Even with the trim, gain, and proportion maxed out it kept spinning CCW. I found that my inner shaft main gear had some shredded teeth. I assume this came from hitting things and coming to an abrupt stop while not releasing the throttle soon enough. Anyways I ordered the exxtreme gear form lamav4.com And since I was getting raped in shipping I went ahead and ordered the longer inner and outer shaft to see if it would make a difference. Ill post results when I get them!
Yeah I recently whacked the wall with the top blades hard enough to eat away some of the gear (it was a sloped wall so the lower blades didn't touch). Since it was totally unexpected due to the angle I was looking from, I didn't let off the throttle quickly enough. It still flew, noisily, but started rotating like mad, vs. being steady before the hit. I cleaned up the gear with a file, which helped a lot and reduced the rotation to where I could trim it out. Didn't touch the 4n1 adjusters since I knew that wasn't the problem.

Now, I thought that the gyro would be stabilizing the heli from spinning in this situation, but apparently it doesn't or maybe it just doesn't have enough adjustment range.

-Max
Feb 06, 2008, 05:56 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by skl1cent
mine, recognizes it but the the throtle is like side ways and the aileron is up n down wtfff and why is ther such bad graphics! i want real flight g3!! now thas was up.
well. the FMS is working with the v4 Tx , i have to erase a windm.dll archive from the FMS folder and everything is runningĦĦĦĦĦ


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Lama parts. Xtreme tial/blades/etc. GFBurke Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Feb 14, 2007 04:58 PM
Found WANTED: CORONA PARTS , NEW, USED, UPGRADES, etc... setting up for Nephew kookboy Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Jan 07, 2007 01:26 AM