Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:08 AM
Find More Posts by latinflyer
latinflyer
Discussion

Wattage F-22 Raptor Edf

Hello Group,
I am trying to find out if anybody have tried to convert the Old Wattage F-22 Raptor into EDF. I need a link with pictures or examples or a way to do so.
I already start carving mine last night and I have create(open) the front inlets, I will hollow the back and see what unit to put in there, maybe a Alfa unit with LS and 5 Blade Please reply with a link.

Thank you much apreciated. Latinflyer.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2007, 04:35 PM
Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
I converted one about five years ago, I think there's a thread, search for threads that were "started by user" in the search function of this site and this forum and you should find it. I hot wired the ducts with a cutting bow, after installing a custom cut foam block to fill in the void inside the fuselage. It was quite a bit of work, and it was nose heavy big time with the CP1300 nicads I used at the time, but with a 4S lipo it wouldn't be so bad, front of fan was near the trailing edge. Ugly thing the Wattage F22 was, so unscale in the nose, it made me build a better larger one. I built a smaller depron version of my design for MF480 but haven't finished it, I think there's a thread on that one as well.