Aug 13, 2007, 07:58 PM
Ron
Ron
Discussion

Chilliwack Aug Fly In

Well Glen....it's only two weeks till the Aug fly in, and I have already put the reserved sign on your spot. Grant...your's too.
We'll be starting on Friday Aug 24...but you all can come earlier, and going till Sunday aug 26 PM...but you can stay longer if you wish.
bring along a floaty plane if you wish, so that you can go float flying, and bring along any of that old stuff you not longer have a use for and want to sell,as maybe you can find it a new home.
ALSO this year, as my wife's health is a lot better...the BBQ and desserts are back on the agenda...steaks fresh corn on the cob,and stuff... ( you guys can have the steaks, I'll pig out on the "stuff" ) come along for a great weekend of flying and visiting with friends old and new.
If you wish to reserve a camping spot, phone me at 604-792-6814 or email me
rdodd@sutton.com and I'll take care of it for you.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2007, 10:00 PM
Team Tracon!
Help !!!

Does anyone know who this is ???

Sam
Aug 14, 2007, 08:25 PM
I fly for Beer
I might be able to make the trek
jag
Aug 15, 2007, 04:58 PM
BEC
BEC
Ron,

Great to hear your wife is feeling better!

I have a room at the usual place reserved. See you there!
Aug 16, 2007, 02:26 AM
-Flight enthusiast_
Hi guys,

I'm looking forward to hanging out with you folks again, but alas my sweetheart must remain here and work. I'll be there early as usual

Cheers!

Glen
Aug 16, 2007, 03:20 AM
BEC
BEC
Gee, Glen, it just won't be the same with Laura there.....

Hey, Ron - is the float site the gravel pit or the place where we were in the spring?
Aug 16, 2007, 01:44 PM
Ron
Ron
golly Bernard, I'm not really sure....since I never get to float fly,( time issues) I haven't kept up on it...I was talking to Hal yesterday, and he seemed to think that since they are using the regular float pond regularly again, that would be the
place.......
Glen...Sorry to hear that Laura has to work..Oh well..........more steak for you eh?

Grant ! ! are you hiding on us?? Alex is wanting to know if Riley is coming...she is out camping with my sister, and is planning to come home a week early if you guys are coming up. I think it has something to do with a water slide excursion, or swimming or something like that.
Aug 16, 2007, 08:06 PM
We will fly at the regular place, the pond at Island 22. The Indian Pond that we flew at in the spring is bigger but access is difficult.
Aug 17, 2007, 10:04 AM
RFC Cadet

Long time

Hi Group

I haven't been to the event since 1999 but I've made reservations for next week and hope to see a lot of people who might remember me .

I'm bringing my SE 5 any chance some Huns might be about?

Guy
Aug 17, 2007, 02:34 PM
Ron
Ron
Guy:
Pretty sure there will be a D V11 or two about...possibly an Albtross or two......better get the guns tuned up and sighted in
Aug 17, 2007, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Fawcett
Hi Group

I haven't been to the event since 1999 but I've made reservations for next week and hope to see a lot of people who might remember me .

Guy
I remember you but may not recognize you, seems to me you had a son about 8 or 9 with you then, that would put him 16 or 17 now.
Aug 17, 2007, 10:56 PM
RFC Cadet
Hi Hal

That would be Alex, he's 21 and has gone over to the dark side (flies glow). To busy with work to come with me this year.
Aug 17, 2007, 11:06 PM
[QUOTE=Guy Fawcett]Hi Hal

That would be Alex, he's 21

Hello Guy, well I was only about 4 years out !
Aug 20, 2007, 12:11 AM
aka neweflyer
Hi Ron,

sorry, i havn't been following the thread! We have had a few family things going on that have been keeping us busy. Keep the parking spot warm, we plan on being there, if anything changes i'll let you know. currently the plan is to arrive thursday night.

glad to hear your wife is better!

riley is already packed.

see you all soon,

grant, jody and family

Quick Reply