Jun 12, 2013, 11:00 PM

Forza 450

I put on flight 76 on my new Forza 450,all in winds over 15 mph to 35.I have the Scorpion 2520 for power on 6s and its got some power!!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2013, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
Here is a link to our fun fly http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t682844p85/ There is two pics of my 500pro on there, but not doing anything lol! I guess I am lucky to get a pic with only 20 5 minute flights that day lol!

Scroll down for the pics.
Wow - nice event. I wish we have more people near by to form a proper club (so we can have fun flys).

I slowly started returning back to sim after last Sunday. They definitively did influence me to go back to learning how to fly!
Jun 16, 2013, 04:41 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
loving the 130x, what a heli, if was starting all over again I would likely buy several of these and stick with them but since I have a larger fleet I flew the EXI450 for a couple of paks and the TREX500....what a great day
Jun 16, 2013, 04:52 PM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox
loving the 130x, what a heli, if was starting all over again I would likely buy several of these and stick with them but since I have a larger fleet I flew the EXI450 for a couple of paks and the TREX500....what a great day
been awhile. glad your back.

It's getting really cold now in the mornings, but I managed to fly my 450 clone, finally started with some fine tuning(piro compensation). Piro pumps seems nice and straight, up and down. So far so good, she goes in a straight fff then piro, then piro reversal,(done some fine adjustment in the settings) I'm new at this fbl thing, but I'm slowly getting the hang of fbl tuning.
Jun 16, 2013, 09:49 PM
Spent the afternoon with my father-inlaw to be. He fly's a Blade 500, Mqx and planes. Has a great yard for flying in put 4 batteries thru the V949, 2 thru the U816a and 2 in the V911. A gentle breeze all afternoon - didn't worry the quads but the big surprise was the V911! Had no trouble at all in flying circuits and having it go exactly where I want it
Jun 16, 2013, 11:01 PM
I put another 10 flights in with the Jr Forza,on the last flight I was pulling out of a large loop and had the main gear strip,when that happened the heli went erratic for a couple seconds.I was able to auto it in 25 mph winds and had it drop on to my lawn from flying in the valley with almost zero hs ,wish I had a video of that one,no damage other than the gear.
My motor had slipped back in the carbon frame giving it to much slack,$3 for the gear.
Last edited by Kauaiguy; Jun 17, 2013 at 09:39 AM.
Jun 17, 2013, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod69
Spent the afternoon with my father-inlaw to be. He fly's a Blade 500, Mqx and planes. Has a great yard for flying in put 4 batteries thru the V949, 2 thru the U816a and 2 in the V911. A gentle breeze all afternoon - didn't worry the quads but the big surprise was the V911! Had no trouble at all in flying circuits and having it go exactly where I want it
That's really something. Usually FP small helis do struggle in even gentle breeze!

I spent weekend with my small helicopters: Saturday indoor flying with nano + 130X and yesterday 5-6 batteries through nano in the garden (nice still weather). I was flipping it (and piro flipping it) insanely!
Jun 17, 2013, 10:27 AM

Lock washers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy
I put another 10 flights in with the Jr Forza,on the last flight I was pulling out of a large loop and had the main gear strip,when that happened the heli went erratic for a couple seconds.I was able to auto it in 25 mph winds and had it drop on to my lawn from flying in the valley with almost zero hs ,wish I had a video of that one,no damage other than the gear.
My motor had slipped back in the carbon frame giving it to much slack,$3 for the gear.
Good save! That's the trouble with slotted frames - I think I'd consider adding spring lock washers to the mount bolts.
Jun 17, 2013, 10:45 AM
Grabbed the Funcopter this morning, since I havent flown it in months..... good grief, what was I thinking when I bought this thing , it's like slalom racing a greyhound bus

Ran the pack down and back on the shelf she goes for an indefinite stay, I must say, the HK450 is buy far my favorite heli and I'm prolly gonna like the 500 even more when the bugs get worked out (both me and it)

I really should start thinking about getting rid of some of these others to make some room for another HK450 build to stuff into my Airwolf fuse.
Jun 17, 2013, 11:01 AM
You could pass on stuff to Kdean - he's kind of in your neck of the woods.

I reckon the 500 may soon become your favourite heli. I'm teetering on the edge of getting a 500TT FBL myself - the TT tail has been the thing holding me back.
Jun 17, 2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs
Good save! That's the trouble with slotted frames - I think I'd consider adding spring lock washers to the mount bolts.
I was using flat washers,but that's a good idea to stop the slip!
Jun 17, 2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
You could pass on stuff to Kdean - he's kind of in your neck of the woods.I reckon the 500 may soon become your favourite heli. I'm teetering on the edge of getting a 500TT FBL myself - the TT tail has been the thing holding me back.
LOL, he's in the Bahamas, so yeah, I guess you could call us neighbors and by the looks of what he's flying, I doubt he'd be willing to swim up the Gulf to pick up this junk I have
Jun 17, 2013, 12:52 PM

Miami

I sent him some stuff to a Miami address, so I reckon he does reasonably frequent trips to the mainland. He flies with a very disparate group, and parts are hard to come by on the islands.
Jun 17, 2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
I sent him some stuff to a Miami address, so I reckon he does reasonably frequent trips to the mainland. He flies with a very disparate group, and parts are hard to come by on the islands.

Even if he were to be in Miami, it would be another 600 miles to my place, and at the cost of gas and such........ well, ya know

With me and this stuff I have , its more a matter of packaging and shipping that I'm not willing to deal with. I dont want a lot of money for any of it, but dont want to piss anyone off if its not what they expected. Sooo, for now, I have an impressive bunch of hanger queens (to the uneducated ) , maybe some day I'll meet up with someone deserving in my neck of the woods.
Jun 17, 2013, 09:22 PM
Looptastic!
Photos in from yesterdays flight. Sweet!
Four more tuning flights this evening. Finally getting somewhere! Silly wag, mainhead oscillations and Gov related wags.

Last tuning will be done between the ears. I just have to remember not to fly the big ship the same way as the 450's. Its hard man. this thing has some real float to it and just cant be tossed through a fast traveling backflip as easy.

Quick Reply