Jul 17, 2012, 09:11 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky
Yeah - at least kitchen looks really good! (although I do not understand black washing machine and black fridge)......

.....I bet with it I would be able to tic/toc it through the whole battery!

Hmm?? You don't like black then?? lol I think the fridge, cooker & washing machine look great in black & compliments the 'Bone' coloured units very well. The floor is china black (dark grey), the wall is Antique cream & the ceiling is a 'whisper' of antuique cream aka not quite white.

I want to see the tic toc vid for a whole pack.

Pitchp...I guess you's been watching my other video's then lol. That's last on the list, well no actually the garage rebuild is last.

Clicky my HK has too much power. With the Zpower 5150 & 10T pinion it almost wants to explode. The headspee is truely insane at only 80% throttle. I dare'nt go higher I should get the bits in the post soon (bloody hong kong orders) then i'll get to fly it at the field. I had a lot of trouble with tail wag using a 401. Even with a stupidly slow headspeed it would wag. Anyhow the solution was to fit a decent gyro & it has a CSM720 on it now along with the 9257 set up in rate mode (you have to with CSM). I need to see how it handles funnels & fast backwards inverted.
Last edited by p4ddy; Jul 17, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
Hmm?? You don't like black then?? lol I think the fridge, cooker & washing machine look great in black & compliments the 'Bone' coloured units very well. The floor is china black (dark grey), the wall is Antique cream & the ceiling is a 'whisper' of antuique cream aka not quite white.

ROFL - 30 seconds straight is more than enough. And - not on video but live. All you need to get here!

Quote:
Clicky my HK has too much power. With the Zpower 5150 & 10T pinion it almost wants to explode. The headspee is truely insane at only 80% throttle. I dare'nt go higher I should get the bits in the post soon (bloody hong kong orders) then i'll get to fly it at the field. I had a lot of trouble with tail wag using a 401. Even with a stupidly slow headspeed it would wag. Anyhow the solution was to fit a decent gyro & it has a CSM720 on it now along with the 9257 set up in rate mode (you have to with CSM). I need to see how it handles funnels & fast backwards inverted.
WOW - I definitively need that motor then.

Do you remember my HK in flybar days? 401 and tail wag. Mike then, said, if you recall, said that he invested in Spartan gyro and then servo/slop didn't matter that much.

I went with light and fast Ino Lab's 201 with good tail gyro: µBeast. With it - it handles both funnels and fast backward circuits (hm - they call them hurricanes) quite well. It is all in good software (gyro) and fast servo. No need to go with heavy weight 9257 for such small heli... I'll arrange video when I fix mine...
Jul 17, 2012, 06:06 PM

I'm back!!!

Finally got the Dragonus running again!!! Been about 2 months since my last flight. Having a little "tail locking" issue but I think it may be my one way bearing. When I would bring it down, sometimes it wouldn't allow the head to spin until you turned it by hand. Also need to program my Dx7 a little better also. Just started running it(use to have a Dx6i) with the Dragon so I'm still a little "green" with the setup. Just some tuning and she should be running like a top again! Man it feels good being back on the sticks!
Jul 17, 2012, 06:50 PM
Oh yes the dragonus. A true victim of the 450 wars. A great performing heli.
I think I saw that RCer was making it come back. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.
Jul 17, 2012, 08:49 PM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
Oh yes the dragonus. A true victim of the 450 wars. A great performing heli.
450 wars indeed. Are you reigniting the flame?
Jul 17, 2012, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=p4ddyI'm thinking i may get the Scorpion 4020-1100 & keep the 15T pinion. CC ICE 100 with Castle bec pro. This will allow me to go 8s if i want as i think my 500 could do with a little more 'oomph'

If you want more OOmph, put a Scorpion 4025-1100 in it. I think it is discontinued and I saw some cheap here and there.
Last edited by jamesppp; Jul 20, 2012 at 08:01 AM.
Jul 17, 2012, 09:30 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
scortching temps and strong winds kept me from flying....well that and work. I did, however, buy a Genious CP with a Devo 7 used on RCG for a pretty good price I figure the first thing I am going to do with re-wire the flight mode switch and the throttle hold switch to match my DX8. They are exactly opposite and I do not want to have to think about it during a crash. the Devo 7 seems pretty nice so if I decide to get any other walkera helis this TX will work....for up to 15 helis.
Cooling tomorrow.....hope everyone is getting some air
Jul 17, 2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp
450 wars indeed. Are you reigniting the flame?
Oh no! In fact I think it was the dragonus that made Align get off their a$$es and change the 450X to the XL
Jul 17, 2012, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox
scortching temps and strong winds kept me from flying....well that and work. I did, however, buy a Genious CP with a Devo 7 used on RCG for a pretty good price I figure the first thing I am going to do with re-wire the flight mode switch and the throttle hold switch to match my DX8. They are exactly opposite and I do not want to have to think about it during a crash. the Devo 7 seems pretty nice so if I decide to get any other walkera helis this TX will work....for up to 15 helis.
Cooling tomorrow.....hope everyone is getting some air
I did the same thing with mine. You will need to make little extension wires because they will not reach when flipped. I also just today got a new walkera for my devo 7. The ladybird multcopter.
Jul 18, 2012, 10:11 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
YAY!! HK spares have just arrived. Clicky i'm using a 9257 as it came off my crashed 450 & it worked on the Gaui & saved me buying another servo.. Weight is no issue just looks as it appears MASSIVE on such a tiny boom. The motor is also from my Gaui but on that i was running 2s & 15T but that's no match for it on 3s & 10T.

James i've never heard of the 2025, i'll look into it.

And on the subject of dragonus

Here's a pic i took a long time ago of Laurence flying his
Jul 18, 2012, 11:41 AM
Took this whole week off and it's hotter than hell out side.
Jul 18, 2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
Took this whole week off and it's hotter than hell out side.
How can you be sure? When were you last in hell? And is it as bad as people say? Or is it actually more comfortable than here and I need to sin a little more?

Drink lots of fluids, don't risk loss of heli concentration!
Jul 18, 2012, 12:45 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
When I last visited hell it was dammed hot and the only drinks available were salsa and tabasco mixed with lighter fluid....

Jul 18, 2012, 02:42 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
I last went to hell at 4:30am today & i managed to get out again at 2:30pm lol

Actually it wasn't that bad at work today as i had to go to Tidworth barracks where the Apache's are.
Jul 19, 2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Tic/Tocs with 55C 2600mAh battery (2 min 58 sec)

Not whole pack, not continuous, but almost whole pack and almost continuous... And if you believe me last 40-50 seconds of the battery (of camera) was even better.

But, battery did survive all of this with no problems!

Quick Reply