May 09, 2012, 10:34 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
Not yet today BUT i did fly yesterday

Flying the Ripmax Sabre (Walkera#4 dragonfly) around the garden (2 min 36 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2012, 10:42 PM
Got to love this one. I had the heli nose in, did a back flip, flipped it back and from then I don't know what happened. It was all over the place and I gave up trying to save it. I just covered my head to protected me from getting hit from a 450 helicopter. A second or two went by and no hit so I looked out and some how it was back in front of me and I took back control. The rest of the guys were like "what the hell was that!!"
May 09, 2012, 10:50 PM
Retired
sounds like a divine intervention. you are a very lucky man to be still alive mhills. very lucky
May 09, 2012, 11:21 PM
No, to windy today, Flew yesterday though. I converted my trex pod-boom to fbl without E-stab. I was just able to hover it around the first flight Did a little better the second flight It really kept me busy though. Flew out a couple packs in my sport UH-1 and called it a day. Didn't break anything! it was a really good day
May 10, 2012, 07:34 AM
Yep I must have God as my copilot, So I got that going for me. that and I will receive total contentiousness on my dead bed. So said the Dolaylama.
May 10, 2012, 10:09 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
Got to love this one. I had the heli nose in, did a back flip, flipped it back and from then I don't know what happened. It was all over the place and I gave up trying to save it. I just covered my head to protected me from getting hit from a 450 helicopter. A second or two went by and no hit so I looked out and some how it was back in front of me and I took back control. The rest of the guys were like "what the hell was that!!"

A drama like that & no video?? Shame on you mhills....shame on you
May 10, 2012, 04:59 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
cool flying your FP helis, I got a burning desire to get my HBFP into the air. Last time I did this I spent an evening upgrading my HB King II, upgraded the pinion for a high HS, took it out and it flew like crap I may get the HBFP flying this weekend mostly because I never learn

Been getting in a few flights here and there, yesterday I got two paks in the TREX500, what a nice heli it seems to have stopped raining so I am off to fly my FBL 450.....then back to work
May 10, 2012, 06:01 PM
Had two good flights with my HK500 today. Trying to fly it as much as possible as I know once my 500pro is running the HK will sit.
May 10, 2012, 10:30 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Seems like everyone is getting in the air lately. I managed two sessions today with the the trusty, fly-barred Franken Rex 450 SE (mostly CopterX, some Align parts). During the second session I emulated mhills51: a high stall turn into a very hard wind (with the heli slightly against the sun) seemed to accidentally flip the heli, though I wasn't sure. I gave it negative collective and it stayed in the air while I got it sorted out. During this maneuver the wind carried it 100 feet to the East.

This nonsense was followed by one of my more grateful landings.
May 10, 2012, 11:14 PM
That is pretty much what I did with the collective zen. lol!! You still got that franken? I sold mine, the old Hoss Updating my helis now with only the good stuff. I guess my years of collecting and building are over. Now I just want to fly.

Got the Cub scouts coming out to the field Saturday to watch us, but it looks like it's going to rain
May 10, 2012, 11:39 PM
I have so many 450 SE parts that I'm committed to that style of heli for the foreseeable future!
May 11, 2012, 04:08 PM
Gave my last complete one to my son. Now if he can just get the hang of his mcx2
May 12, 2012, 03:22 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
Hey Zen....look what i just found

HeliTown Funfly EF Sabre FP (1 min 28 sec)
May 12, 2012, 09:36 AM
p4ddy— thanks for the blast from the past. We were flying at Eddie and Chindra's house (publishers of RChelicoptertown.com) in the East San Francisco Bay Hills in a pretty good wind. Some time later Estarter gave that helicopter to me to learn to fly nose-in.
May 12, 2012, 02:05 PM
We had a fun fly for the scouts today which was great because I was the smart one and got out first. That way I got lots of claps, cheers, and OOHhhs. From my stupid little flips and spins. lol!! If I went after the pros I would of just put the kids to sleep.

Quick Reply