Jun 02, 2011, 11:35 PM
Oxy 5 Meg, OMP M2 Evo and M1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Creation
I took one of my Jetranger,s out this morning its a Valuehobby 450size it has a 2750kv motor with 13tooth a 30amp esc TowerPro servo,s all around telebee gyro the head is a EXI ThunderTiger clone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N8jWDc4pH8 Wow sorry to see that a know that had too make you sick it look like it tore the boom in half
I agree... nice JetRanger man! You're less than 100 miles from me, please PM me; maybe we could meet?

As for my flights today, both were flying my 120SR which I finally (after 2 weeks) got out of a tree next to my condo. Thankfully it only rained once in that time and it is flying like before it was exposed to the elements. (A freak gust of wind put her into the tree before I could recover her; though I should have just cut trottle.) I just love my "fun copter"!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2011, 01:18 AM
jingbob58
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement.
Jun 03, 2011, 10:45 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingbob58
yay,i am fly with this Air Hogs Sharp Shooter Radio Control Helicopter,so amazing and cool.
Another stealth commercial advertiser masquerading as an RCG hobbyist.

Flagged to the moderators.
Jun 03, 2011, 11:58 AM
This thread needs some pictures...

Pardon my canopy - it did survive a lot!
Jun 03, 2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
Another stealth commercial advertiser masquerading as an RCG hobbyist.

Flagged to the moderators.
Man you make me laugh! And another one goes down in flames-good job.
Jun 03, 2011, 08:05 PM
Gray and windy and windy and gray. If I get time this weekend I'll revive the dual-brushless Blade CP Pro and fit it with a DSM2 Rx for the DX7.
Jun 03, 2011, 08:19 PM
Zen, make your Blade CP pro FBL, very few head parts and flys great. I had couple inverted crashes and knock on wood, no damage.
Jun 04, 2011, 09:46 PM
dont play with rc anymore
Very cool estarter!

That would totally eliminate the old "sticky collective" issue. I just gave mine away on the free forum a few months ago.
BTW, sorry Glen. I kinda forgot that you mentioned wanting it...it went to a US soldier overseas.
Jun 04, 2011, 10:01 PM
Use the flybar young Padawan
i had a great day ! flew 2 packs through the 500 and finished a hk 450 pro .the pro on a test flight flew strait up in a hover and no inputs to level it , the tail held perfect with the ga250 . this a day that will go down in the record books that murfys law failed
Jun 04, 2011, 11:15 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
YES...found a new field...YES
Jun 05, 2011, 07:29 AM
Where did that tree come from?
I need to find a new field...
You can read all about the carnage of this morning's flight here:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....51#post2987451
Oh the humanity
I flew a pack with the V450D01 heli after that with no problems.
Jun 05, 2011, 09:37 AM
Looks like maybe decent weather this morning so I'm packing a T-rex 450 on my way to coffee and the New York Times....
Jun 05, 2011, 07:49 PM
AMA 743519 Team Heliproz Pilot
flew both helis today. 1 pack each. just some test hovering on the 5 blade head. changed the swash right after. the other was without incedent. pretty normal flying. no crash.
Jun 06, 2011, 03:05 AM
I really wanted to fly yesterday. Took my two Protoses (Protii or whatever) to field, along with newly setup MT (with hopefully fixed ds95 servos), took all out of my bag, trimmed some grass on in our pit area, switched my DX7 on and... It started beeping strangely and switching screen on/off. Being properly trained by my grandparents with really old TV sets (many decades ago) I smacked it couple of times and it went dead. At the end I even took it apart, checked fuse (by shorting it ) and nothing. Dead. Completely dead! And, of course, it was all my fault. What as stupid . Last time I took it apart (can't remember now why was I doing it - ah - remembered now - it's all Zen's fault - checking my aerial wire) I didn't set charging connector properly and it fell inside. Why I wasn't worried about it I have no idea. What an idiot. Anyway - DX dead - I packed my things and went home...

Fortunately, I do think in advance - so managed to pick my Walkera Tx remembering that I've purchased 4-5 months ago spare 8 channel Rx. At least one helicopter could fly! I picked newly built 425mm Protos just to discover that something is not quite right with it. So, at the end I ended up with my MT without canopy (previous is smashed to pieces and I didn't paint new one yet) and two and a half hours later returned to have my dose of RC flying. It was quite windy so with 3rd and 4th battery I started just taking out all my anger on MT - doing really high autos - or at least attempts on some as heli would drop last 1m or more from the skys loosing all the head speed. Fortunately grass was exactly the right consistency allowing it to nicely bounce off it. Got one, small tail boom strike when approaching too quickly. And fair bit of helicopter tumbling over due to same reason (having too much horizontal speed at the end). Outcome? Aside tiny dent in tail boom - nothing. No damage at all!

Even got courage to do inverted attempts on pirouettes and backward circuits - even though I had to hover at 20-30 deg angle against the wind...

That is called persistence! I didn't fly properly for 3 or more weeks!

BTW I can already see shiny new DX8 being packed up for me!
Jun 06, 2011, 04:31 PM
Where did that tree come from?
Flew this morning, having patched up the F-35 jet. Just had some trouble landing; overshot, and did a bank before crash landing. Bent front landing gear is all. Getting a bit better flying this planker I think. Went thru 4 packs with the V450 no problemo.

Quick Reply