Thread Tools
Jun 01, 2011, 12:02 AM
Professional heli wrecker
Luvmyhelis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyvok
I'd look in to 6S before shifting to anything. Seems to be fairly common (long topic on helifreak about running 6S on 450 pro). Some dude even had 8s on his.
Yes, in the trexpro 6s thread. But it did not offer any advantages over the 6.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2011, 01:26 AM
Registered User
I flew yesterday and crashed but not (directly) because of pilot error. I was going to try a flip for the first time ever and turned on idle-up... After that in about two seconds my other blade snapped and heli came down HARD. The other blade that was still attached to the heli sunk like 20cm to the ground. This was undirectly my fault and not a genuine component failure though, because the other blade that snapped had a small nick in the base and I sort of knew I shouldn't fly it and still did
Jun 01, 2011, 10:31 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
zen@lanset.com's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyvok
I... the other blade that snapped had a small nick in the base and I sort of knew I shouldn't fly it and still did
Now you see the formula: the cost of a new set of main blades versus everything else you broke (+ you still have to buy new main blades).
Jun 01, 2011, 04:00 PM
Registered User
Test fly the FBL BSR with another Align 3G controller, the heli roll over when she gets light and ruin a pair of brand new blades. Swapped a MicroBeastx controller and she flys great.
Jun 01, 2011, 04:19 PM
Registered User
Maksym's Avatar
Tried to fly my EXI 450 se V2 yesterday but a tail vib issue caused the bolts that hold the tail case to the tail holder to break just as I was about to take off.. Ouch.
Jun 01, 2011, 04:41 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
Now you see the formula: the cost of a new set of main blades versus everything else you broke (+ you still have to buy new main blades).
Can't believe this... After I repaired the chopper, I flew it once, then took it down to fix the blade tracking and was going to lift-off again.. and guess what... the other blade snapped AGAIN. Heli is totaled again... Thankfully the blade didn't hit me or my friend. We couldn't find the blade anywhere. Never gonna buy cheap blades from ebay anymore, at least if no one has anything good to say about them...

T-rex 450 clone catastrophic blade failure on take-off! (0 min 12 sec)


I messaged the ebay dealer, we'll see what he has to say.
Jun 01, 2011, 04:50 PM
Registered User
Bad Creation's Avatar
I took one of my Jetranger,s out this morning its a Valuehobby 450size it has a 2750kv motor with 13tooth a 30amp esc TowerPro servo,s all around telebee gyro the head is a EXI ThunderTiger clone
Jetranger 450 (4 min 30 sec)
Wow sorry to see that a know that had too make you sick it look like it tore the boom in half
Last edited by Bad Creation; Jun 01, 2011 at 04:57 PM.
Jun 01, 2011, 06:27 PM
dont play with rc anymore
micronut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyvok
Can't believe this... After I repaired the chopper, I flew it once, then took it down to fix the blade tracking and was going to lift-off again.. and guess what... the other blade snapped AGAIN. Heli is totaled again... Thankfully the blade didn't hit me or my friend. We couldn't find the blade anywhere. Never gonna buy cheap blades from ebay anymore, at least if no one has anything good to say about them.

I messaged the ebay dealer, we'll see what he has to say.
Forget what others say...don't skimp on blades. That's like putting tires on your car that you bought at the dollar store. You get what you pay for.
Jun 01, 2011, 08:24 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
zen@lanset.com's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyvok
Can't believe this... the other blade snapped AGAIN.
What manufacturer made those blades? Tell us so we won't buy them.

FWIW myself and others have used the low-cost CF main blades sold by xheli.com with good results. However a few inverted crashes have convinced me to go back to Align Pro Woods until my upside down orientations are solid. I get less overall damage with wood blades, you see.

Here are the xheli CF blades: http://www.xheli.com/60p-pro-3251.html
Jun 01, 2011, 08:38 PM
Professional heli wrecker
Luvmyhelis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
What manufacturer made those blades? Tell us so we won't buy them.

FWIW myself and others have used the low-cost CF main blades sold by xheli.com with good results. However a few inverted crashes have convinced me to go back to Align Pro Woods until my upside down orientations are solid. I get less overall damage with wood blades, you see.

Here are the xheli CF blades: http://www.xheli.com/60p-pro-3251.html
There are hundreds of us flying them. I prefer the 335s since they actually come in at 325.
And this is the reason I went with a flight stability system that also works inverted. Now the only wrecks I have are caused by outlandish stupidity.

Here is another source for the same blades.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/450size.html
Jun 01, 2011, 08:43 PM
AMA 743519 Team Heliproz Pilot
drakonis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
What manufacturer made those blades? Tell us so we won't buy them.

FWIW myself and others have used the low-cost CF main blades sold by xheli.com with good results. However a few inverted crashes have convinced me to go back to Align Pro Woods until my upside down orientations are solid. I get less overall damage with wood blades, you see.

Here are the xheli CF blades: http://www.xheli.com/60p-pro-3251.html
i use the yellow versions. no failures and track nicely. no issues with them at all. i buy 3 sets at a time. on my 2nd set due to a crash.
Jun 01, 2011, 08:48 PM
Professional heli wrecker
Luvmyhelis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakonis
i use the yellow versions. no failures and track nicely. no issues with them at all. i buy 3 sets at a time. on my 2nd set due to a crash.
I bought 4 sets on my last order. Obviously I am down to three now.
Jun 02, 2011, 10:20 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
p4ddy's Avatar
That looked to me like the blades clipped the ground, the heli was leaning right loads before you took off
Jun 02, 2011, 11:25 AM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
mountainsax's Avatar
First successful flight in about 2 months!!! Finally got the blades to stop trying to fly off!

It's a good day!
Jun 02, 2011, 12:22 PM
Screwed Again My Friend
jombo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Creation
I took one of my Jetranger,s out this morning its a Valuehobby 450size it has a 2750kv motor with 13tooth a 30amp esc TowerPro servo,s all around telebee gyro the head is a EXI ThunderTiger clone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N8jWDc4pH8
WOW , the jet ranger looks great .
no fly zone here , the wind is wipping at 30 mph , but it is sunny .


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How late did YOU fly tonight? Tres Wright Parkflyers 41 Mar 12, 2011 06:53 AM
I flew EVERY DAY This Week, What did You FLY? Lv2Fly Electric Plane Talk 4 Jun 29, 2002 11:47 AM
What did YOU fly today? Tres Wright Parkflyers 45 May 28, 2002 05:34 PM
What Did You Fly Today? boomerace Parkflyers 46 May 01, 2002 11:23 PM
Superbike (Mike) did you fly your Honey? hmhoshi Electric Sailplanes 15 Jul 01, 2001 06:27 PM