Aug 28, 2007, 07:01 PM
Take it easy
Thread OP
Talk about practice... had to do a very unexpected auto-rotation with the EP-8 a short while ago! I was doing power ups in the backyard then all of a sudden..... NO POWER!!! 1745gram heli comin' down quick. I guess I popped the pitch at the right moment and it eased down on the grass. Found out that the pinion came loose. One grub screw missing or never there in the first place, the other was loose and no Lock-tite in either. That's one thing I didn't check on this pre-built heli. Betcha that won't happen again on this heli... betcha!

Pucker factor...... 9.9 on a scale of 1-10

Rich
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2007, 07:20 PM
Rcer field rep.
at least it's ok and good job with the fast thinking on the auto
Aug 29, 2007, 01:34 PM
Take it easy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemanty
at least it's ok and good job with the fast thinking on the auto
Thanks moose, but more luck than skill I think.

Took it apart today and found that the motor shaft had a flat spot ground on it but not high enough for the grub screw on the pinion to make use of it. Took care of that with my trusty Dremel tool. A little thread locker and back in business.

A little breezy this morning but I flew the HDX-300 & CP-Pro around the yard anyway for a pack each. I think the HDX-300's main gear is slipping on the shaft when I pump up the pitch, need to check that out.

Rich
Aug 29, 2007, 02:04 PM
Head...Paper...Now!
Had three great flights this morning before work. Two with my dragonus, and one
with my Logo 500 3D. Worked on some flip/piro moves, and some move inverted flight.

I really like the feel of the differance in size of the two. Alot of FUN!!

John
Aug 29, 2007, 03:09 PM
flew a bit last night on my mini titan and my honeybee king v2. debating on flying right now...winds are ssw at 2mph but it's 103 degrees outside!
Aug 29, 2007, 04:45 PM
Rcer field rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGrn
Had three great flights this morning before work. Two with my dragonus, and one
with my Logo 500 3D. Worked on some flip/piro moves, and some move inverted flight.

I really like the feel of the differance in size of the two. Alot of FUN!!

John
man, i wish i could afford a logo like yours...after seeing it in person, i like it
but yeah, lipos are killer so my dragonus will do .
Aug 29, 2007, 04:50 PM
Flying better than every
I had some some nice flight to day too, Flew my rex for 2 packs at lunch time did some nice figure eights but almost lost it in the ground I got to low and scraped the skid on the pavement (flew in tennis courts no nets). But other than a close call it was nice it was pretty windy wich threw the tail of I need to get it more dialed in because it was just crappy tail hold
Aug 29, 2007, 07:30 PM
I got to fly my T-Rex 450 for three packs today after work. I am a 6th grade teacher so I fly on our huge yard after all of the students have gone home. I am just flying large figure 8s with some nose in forward flight coming out of the turns. It is always nice to come home with my heli in one piece!
Aug 30, 2007, 09:35 AM
Take it easy
Thread OP
Hot, sunny morning with a slight breeze. Had to cut the last flight a little short because of sweat dripping in my eye.

I got brave and flew the Dragonus and the EP-8 in my heli grabbin' tree infested yard. See... it's not as much a matter of my skills to fly in my yard as it is my eyes and bad perpective. When a tree snatches one of my helis, I can't believe I was that close to them in the first place. I found me a better spot to stand and got a better 'perpective' on my flying area.

2 pks each alternating helis. Little different sound than the smaller helis buzzin' the yard.

I was a little cautious but all went well.

cheers
Rich
Aug 30, 2007, 10:24 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
NO I HAVEN'T FLOWN TODAY!! & NOR WILL I BE

Unless you wanna count phoenix? i'm waiting on my balancer replacement & some new bits are in the post for my good old sabre
Aug 30, 2007, 10:35 AM
Take it easy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
NO I HAVEN'T FLOWN TODAY!! & NOR WILL I BE

Unless you wanna count phoenix? i'm waiting on my balancer replacement & some new bits are in the post for my good old sabre

I think you're about on the 'edge' p4ddy!! Hope those parts come soon before you get 'postal' and start reeking havoc!!

Rich
Aug 30, 2007, 01:05 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
On the 'EDGE' i'm just about clinging on to the side & i'm almost slipping. I've gone 4 days so far & i've got no idea how long it's gonna take to get my balancer back?? (the plugs do not go into my charger either before someone says 'square into round!!') So as i'm off work next week & my sabre needed a new 4in1 & this seeming to be my only option to feed my addiction to helicrack i ordered the parts yesterday & to be doubley sure i'll be flying i paid a little extra to get it here quicker My only thought now is 'will i try & flick an imaginary throttle hold swith or try & go idle up'
Sep 02, 2007, 10:10 AM
Take it easy
Thread OP
A great fantastic day for me!

Clear, warm morning with a slight banana breeze from the southeast. Took the plank and 2 helis. Flew the plank first, got ballzy and did some low inverts over the field (my wife was impressed) rolls, loops the usual plank stuff I did for many years.

Then I brought out the Dragonus. Fire it up… took off and flipped the idle-up switch and told my wife… “Watch this”. DID MY VERY FIRST BACK FLIP…. INVERTED HOVER (few seconds)… FLIP BACK!!! I did it 3 times in a row. My wife said… “OH MY GOD!!” That one maneuver gave me a lot of confidence and for the rest of that flight, I flew like I never did before. It just seemed I had ‘total’ control over the heli. Man…. That was Great!! No video proof… but at least I had one witness.

I flew the EP-8 next. I was thinking about doing the same flip with it but it doesn’t have the power to weight ratio the Dragonus has. What I’m saying is…. The EP-8 is a blinged beauty but it’s a dog compared to the Dragonus with only 5s 123s. I think it could of done it but I didn’t want to take any chances because parts for that heli are harder to come by and cost a lot more. I did push it around the field and worked the pitch hard. (just testing)

Hey… I can remember, back in early May of this year opening a box with a little red Blade CX2 and crashing that bird all about the house…. Today I did a “FLIP” several in fact and STILL…brought all 3 birds home in one piece. Might not mean much to you all but it’s a triumph for me.

Super Cheers
Rich
Sep 05, 2007, 02:23 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
Yes, i flew today. It gets a bit hard though when a female jogger from hong kong comes up by my side & starts to chat & then my phone started ringing & then there was a dog! AAAARRHH!! LAND LAND.
I was suprised that she said things are expensive in hong kong!! i was like no way it's well cheap over there.
Sep 05, 2007, 04:32 PM
Rcer field rep.
no flying for me... still very very windy here.
if it's not windy tommorow around 6:30 am, i may take my dragonus and electric shock out...
i really want to fly...
my dragonus is -PERFECT- right now.... and i want to throw it around instead of just hovering in my backyard in the wind.

Quick Reply