Originally Posted by Ginvent
I just Re madien my heli after doing some Mods
Looks great, slick canopy
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2007, 11:12 PM
Custom Auto Upholsterer
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I flew today.....

Hovered my first battery pack in my brand new T-Rex....
Alot more fun and stable compared to the Blade CP Pro I had.
It's a whole new world of flying...
Aug 28, 2007, 12:39 AM
Keep'em Spinning High!
I flew before I left for work today and will fly again as soon as I get home.

I'm a rotor junkie!(to put it lightly) I need my fix daily! I fly at least every other day. If I don't fly for more then 3 days then I get the itch. And a simulator is like smelling it from afar but can't have any, just makes me want it even more.

I work nights, so when I get off work and get home it's the perfect time to fly. Early morning just at the sun is cresting the trees and not even a breeze. I'll take my T-rex up for 4-8 packs in the morning on my front lawn. The neighbourhood kids love watching me fly as they wait for the school bus. It's funny because as the bus is driving up my street I can see all the kids jump to the left side of the bus so they can watch me fly as the local kids are boarding the bus.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday early in the morning I pack up and take my nitro's to the local college or AMA field and burn about a gallon or more a day, unless the weather gets bad. My LHS stocks cases upon cases of Cool Power Heli-Mix Nitro fuel just for me. They keep no less then 10 cases stocked up in the corner and get replenishment deliveries almost every month. I usually burn 2-4 gallons a week. That's about $200-400 a month in fuel, more then the gas for my car.

On the weekends if the weather is bad during the day then I take my blade CP out and fly it in the back yard in the middle of the night. As it's the only one quiet enough to fly at night without waking up the neighbours with the rotor wash. Even the electric 450's sound like chain saws bogging or motor cycles stalling out when I start tearing up the sky with the rotor wash. And if there is no chance to fly out side at all then my dogs suffer as I chase them around the house with a Blade CX.

For those who are wondering, I have been flying since 1992 and have at least 12 helicopters(6 Nitro & 6 electric), 20+ Lipo batteries, 8+ Lipo chargers, and a closet full of spare parts. The LHS jokingly calls me his local supplier and business competition.

Welcome to HAA, Helicopter Aerobatics Anonymous. My name is Steve, and I have an addiction. My cologne is called Cool Power 30% Heli-Mix, I hope you like it.
Aug 28, 2007, 06:32 AM
Take it easy
Thread OP
Steve, you're my idol... when I growup... I wanna be just like you!

Rich
Aug 28, 2007, 08:14 AM
I'm halfway there........about half of everything he said is about me.
But the other half is tied up with my RC planks........My LHS (980kms away) loooove me.
Aug 28, 2007, 08:46 AM
Take it easy
Thread OP
My wife thought I was 'ate up' with the RC hobby.... so I let her read Steve's post......... ha!!! Didn't change her mind any... she still thinks I'm 'ate up' (she thinks Steve needs professional help... she just doesn't get it! ). I got 7 electric helis, 1 electric plank, 1 fuel T-Maxx and I'm starting to get the urge for a LARGE heli slimin' smoker... maybe she's right... I am ate up!!

Rich
Aug 28, 2007, 11:33 AM
nope, didn't fly today... won't fly tomorrow either... won't fly next week, and I may not fly next month. I might need to discharge my remaining 2 lipos to 3.85V...
Aug 28, 2007, 12:08 PM
Team Mulikow
One of my backyard flights:

CopterX tight circuits (6 min 32 sec)
Aug 28, 2007, 12:24 PM
Take it easy
Thread OP
That's some pretty tight flying there Gino, good job. Question, how did you have the vid-cam attached? Helmet cam?

Rich
Aug 28, 2007, 12:36 PM
Team Mulikow
I just tucked my Creative Divicam on my cycling lamp's headband ha ha.
Aug 28, 2007, 12:36 PM
Head...Paper...Now!
Flew 2 packs this morning on my Dragonus before work. Working on BF and inverted FFF. Prefect morning for it. Blue skys, no wind, and 75F.

Rich, I saw in your first post about how your dragonus likes to fly fast. Your right this
bird want to just move out. You really have to consentrate to keep it in check well flying
slow moves.
Aug 28, 2007, 02:36 PM
Take it easy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
I just tucked my Creative Divicam on my cycling lamp's headband ha ha.
Cool! I have nice video camera but I need some way mounting it so I can video my flying. I had my wife record me once but when I looked at the results... she took 5 mins of a turkey buzzard flying in the sky thinking it was my heli. Then she said she should of known better because the buzzard was doing way better than my flying! I'll do my own vids from now on!

Rich
Aug 28, 2007, 02:38 PM
Take it easy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGrn
Flew 2 packs this morning on my Dragonus before work. Working on BF and inverted FFF. Prefect morning for it. Blue skys, no wind, and 75F.

Rich, I saw in your first post about how your dragonus likes to fly fast. Your right this
bird want to just move out. You really have to consentrate to keep it in check well flying
slow moves.

Yep... that Dragonus can and will get away from me in a split second. That's no problem in my big flying field but it becomes a BIG problem in my tree infested yard.

Rich
Aug 28, 2007, 04:28 PM
Rcer field rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRide
Yep... that Dragonus can and will get away from me in a split second. That's no problem in my big flying field but it becomes a BIG problem in my tree infested yard.

Rich
practice practice practice
Aug 28, 2007, 04:49 PM
Take it easy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemanty
practice practice practice

Every chance I get!!

Quick Reply