Did you fly today? - Page 57 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 17, 2008, 09:41 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
That is good. Mastering a lot upright prepares you for any form of bailout when inverted. The piro circuit or piro hover is a good exercise. Thanks to that, I learned inverted without crashing. As a bonus, piro circuits is a prerequisite for piro flips

Excatly after attempting a tic toc & going out to the field thinking todays the day for a flip or loop & bottling it each time i decided to just stick with upright stuff as like you say it will greatly increases your chances of safe recovery. Also you hardly ever see anyone doing a piro circuit & yet it's such a cool manouvre IMO especially when you speed it up plus it sets the way for a piro wall of death & piro flips

P.S that move you ask about on youtube looks even better when you do a complete piro
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2008, 10:30 AM
Team Mulikow
As it turned out, that wasn't the beginnings of a piro flip LOL. It's a different move which I also like. That's the flip where you start tail in then end up inverted tail in too.

For piro flips, I was advised to pause after a level piro ,then execute a backflip. Then do some inverted piro, pause tail in, then do a forward flip. Once I get used to that, then I should execute the flip while piroing. My upright piro circuits second nature should kick in.

I am able to do piroing flips to inverted on the sim but I have yet to do it going back to upright. This is because I can't do piro circuits inverted yet. All in due time.

As for the real heli, I am just into inverted orientations. Circuits should be next.
Jun 17, 2008, 12:41 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
Inverted circuits, inverted piro circuits!! they're all well within your grasp. I can piro flip on the sim but also cannot piro flip back to upright. But i can do chaos on the sim as i just stir the cyclic but it's the collective management thats hard to keep it steady. That move i can flip from tail in & nose in to nose or tail in inverted then the same to upright but what i would rather be able to do is when you do a kind of mini fig8 like it (see jason krause always do it)
Jun 17, 2008, 03:02 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
Too windy to go flying, got my 1/10 drift car out tho it'll go up to 30mph with grip tyres on, and it is brushed electric
Jun 17, 2008, 05:08 PM
To windy today but I made good progress on my "heli shed" with my dad .
Jun 17, 2008, 05:15 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
Heli shed? are you building a home for them?
Jun 17, 2008, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
Heli shed? are you building a home for them?
No, I wouldn't risk my babies out there, they stay inside along with the lipos .

It's just a work room for all my rc stuff etc. Proper lighting and work benches. I'll be having the 500-700's soon . And the living room table won't do for them!

To many chavs around here, nothing too valuable could be left in :/
Jun 17, 2008, 07:04 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
ooooh its one of dem helicopter fings, lets fly it! ah nah mate i connected da bateri wrong way
Jun 17, 2008, 08:46 PM
Team Mulikow
Heli shed, I though they got kicked out of the house
Jun 18, 2008, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
To windy today...
I've managed 5 batteries (actually tried to fly one battery twice ) - and kept it simple - no fancy stuff... Was just checking if tail still holds and since irritated with all the recent mishaps I decided to slow down...

Was windy (a guy I was with had his Raptor 50 with him and was a bit reluctant to fly) - stall turns to wind sometimes ended 5-10m away from the way I started ), but wind wasn't that bad - it didn't make my heli jumping up and down...
Jun 18, 2008, 04:07 AM
Team Mulikow
When wind gets too strong, I just go into a hover with enough distance from the ground. The heli seems to be comfortable in that state. As soon as the wind dies down, I bring her down.
Jun 18, 2008, 04:17 AM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Tonight was perfect... flew my NEWLY Spektrumized HBFP... was awesome! My Blade 400 is waiting for the BEC and final balancing before I take it out to the park.. but keeping in practice with the FP.
Jun 18, 2008, 08:47 AM
drh
drh

Flew Last night

Hello,

I'm more or less new to RC Helis or anything RC that flies for that matter, all I have is a Blade CX2 so far. I hope that qualifies for inclusion here!

I put on the CNC swash, bearing cup, lower rotor head. I also have the boomtown skids and boom, and moved ther servo linkage out 1 hole for forward/reverse. One other mod that I believe made a difference arte the microheli flybar weights. I believe they are a bit lighter than stock and you can move them inward. Next I plan to get a shorter bar.

I waited until about 8:00 PM when most of the wind usually dies down and flew it sitting on my front steps. I flew two batteries worth. It made quite a difference with the linkage moved out, more than I expected. Large circles are pretty smooth as long as you stay ahead of the flybar by continuously inputting yaw. (I'm sure all of you know this already but it was a nice discovery for me when I found I could maintain forward flight as long as I wanted).

Anyway, good times!

I'm seriously thinking of getting the Vapor bind-n-fly when it comes out. i wonder if this does decent outside.

drh
Jun 18, 2008, 06:43 PM
Closed Account
Yes, and im depressed. I flew 5 packs and feel like i took a giant leap backwards. I went from doing pretty good inverted circuts, then crashed. Took a week to get it back up and now i am barely comfortable with figure 8s. Had alot of close calls too...

I went into a big elegant loop and almost forgot i needed to move the stick up to get her upright again. Felt like i was having a heart attack..
Jun 18, 2008, 07:31 PM
Too dumb to upload an avatar.
I'm flying today. From Chicago to NY. Ha. I wonder what size LiPo a 737 uses?