Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 12, 2007, 12:29 PM
Take it easy
Clearview would pay for itself very quickly IMHO. I have RealFlight and I know I recouped that money. Besides... all the fun I've been having flying/crashing all the things I could never afford.

Rich
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2007, 09:21 PM
Take it easy
I got the Mini-Pulse done in time to fly this afternoon with my helis but the thunderstorms kind of put that on hold till a later time. Maybe tomorrow after work.

Here's a pic, excuse the blue tape holding on the just glued canopy.

Rich
Aug 26, 2007, 08:20 AM
Take it easy
Got to my flying field at sun up (7ish) on a beautiful no wind morning. Had 2 helis and 1 plank and since I haven't flew a plank in a while, I pull out the E-Flite Mini Pulse first. Like I said, haven't flown fix-wing in many years but I've been practicing on RF. Well, that thing flew like a dream. It just needed a couple of beeps of up elevator. That dang thing would fly around as smooth as silk on 1/4 throttle. The 480 motor was more than enough of a power plant for this bird. Now that was fun.

Then I flew the Dragonus next. I've been tweaking the tx's throttle and pitch. It flew good as it did many time before. Mostly FF ....Put 2 pks through it.

The EP-8 was next. I've been messing with the throttle and pitch curves with this one also. I tweaked around with the LG-2100 and did mostly nose-in's and tight, low figure 8's. Dumped 2pks of A123's (I love'em)

Finished the morning with the Mini-Pulse. All in all it was a good morning, came home with everything as I left with it.

I'm getting a another heli near the end of this week... I'll save that topic for later.

HEY!!.... Get out there and burn up the sky!

Cheers,
Rich
Last edited by SlowRide; Aug 26, 2007 at 08:42 AM.
Aug 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
Flying better than every
I flew today to I was just starting to hover half left side half nose in and I felt a drop of rain on my back, So i just flew it to my front door and brought her in no need to be shot down by H2O, thing is it was only a drop here and there and it been like that for atlleast a half hour but I dont want to chance it since I have some CNC goodies and a new canopy comeing tommorow. If it get harder I might just start post upgrade tear down now
Aug 26, 2007, 01:07 PM
I got a new Walkera 5G6 palm sized heli and have been flying everyday. It's great for flying in small areas.
Aug 26, 2007, 03:23 PM
Flying better than every
IM GONNA FLY RIGHT NOW YEAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!
Aug 26, 2007, 04:45 PM
Nooo That Is Why I Am Posting Everyware!!!!!!
Aug 26, 2007, 04:49 PM
Front Yard Flyer
Im slowly building a esky esmart and have a well abused /ca'd esky cp2. I can hover tail in and a little to each side. I put in about 30 min of flight time today. I can get 15 min of hovering around on each pack with my flat bottom blades.

I just started trying piro's, and as long as it high enuff and I have alot of space to recover I can usualy pull them off.

Forward flight usualy ends up with a crash. Good thing this cp2 can take some serious abuse.
Aug 27, 2007, 01:18 AM
Rcer field rep.
yup, flew my dragonus today.. did some flips, rolls, inverted hover just need to take some accesories off to lighten it up since it's 1000grams and i could probably get it to 780.
and i flew my new electric shock (plank)
Aug 27, 2007, 06:48 AM
Take it easy
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemanty
yup, flew my dragonus today.. did some flips, rolls, inverted hover just need to take some accesories off to lighten it up since it's 1000grams and i could probably get it to 780.
and i flew my new electric shock (plank)

Which model Dragonus is that moose? My N-Plus with no bling comes in at 765g with a 3s-2200 18c. I do NO flips, rolls or inverts (not on purpose) but when I bang the throttle/pitch to full up... V-o-o-o-o-m!

Rich
Aug 27, 2007, 07:09 AM
Digitally modulated
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRide
Thought I would start one here with the helis. This would give others info on who is flying, what heli/helis they flew, how much they flew, the kind of flying, did it go as planned and the basic weather they flew in.
I flew this morning, and did something I've never done before: Make it through four packs in a row without crashing
Aug 27, 2007, 05:18 PM
Rcer field rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRide
Which model Dragonus is that moose? My N-Plus with no bling comes in at 765g with a 3s-2200 18c. I do NO flips, rolls or inverts (not on purpose) but when I bang the throttle/pitch to full up... V-o-o-o-o-m!

Rich
i have an elite/sa mix and it's not the heli that's heavy, it's all the custom crap i've put on it
Aug 27, 2007, 08:28 PM
Flying better than every
I just Re madien my heli after doing some Mods
Aug 27, 2007, 09:48 PM
Rcer field rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginvent
I just Re madien my heli after doing some Mods
oooooo... ahhhh...
looks good man
Aug 27, 2007, 10:01 PM
NYC's Finest
no i dint ride a motorcycle to work but i did ride it to chill... nways
i flew my trex 450se v2 in the afternoon 6 packs. i love this fing helicopter the most stable helicopter there is.(to me- i have flown 50 sized nitros i could compare)